where is Internal Central Locking Switch: Passenger Side (E198)

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by yanggers, Jun 29, 2011.

1. yanggers

yanggers New Member

Car:
    Jetta gls tdi 2002
    Hi,
    I keep having some fault codes, and want to test and fix the ill components. Can somebody point me to the location of Internal Central Locking Switch: Passenger Side (E198) on a 2002 mk4 Jetta?

Below are the codes:
    01299 - Diagnostic Interface for Data Bus (J533)
    49-10 - No Communications - Intermittent
    00928 - Locking Module for Central Locking: Front Driver Side (F220)
    27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
    01359 - Internal Central Locking Switch: Passenger Side (E198)
    00929 - Locking Module for Central Locking: Front Passenger Side (F221)
    00930 - Locking Module for Central Locking: Rear Left (F222)
    00931 - Locking Module for Central Locking: Rear Right (F223)

I read up on Ross-Tech code wiki, and here is what I think is happening:
    01299 seems to be about the XM or Sirus radio hookup from previous owner. I will uninstall it ASAP.

seems to be straight-forward bad contact or short in the Internal Central Locking (ICL) Switch/wires. Where is that component?

928 to 931 These codes, along with the code above makes me think the whole ICL is gone bad. Is this what Ross-Tech would call a faulty "module"? Where is this thing located? Would Bentley book have this info?

Thanks
    login to remove this ad
  2. almir

almir Member

Car:
    2005 jetta tdi gls 1.9
    each of the doors have their own door control module inside of the door integrated with window module. There is also central control module just above the pedals you will see two large connectors one is beige or orange, and the other one is blue. I remember on the old cars it used to be under the carpet or under the seats.

Ok. just found it, it is still inside of the each door by the door handle. "Lock unit for central locking" what you are looking for according to my software.
  3. yanggers

yanggers New Member

Car:
    Jetta gls tdi 2002
    Thanks almir, do I understand right that the module is next to the relays, like the infamus relay 109 (picture at bottom by chitty)? Is the module in that picture?
  4. almir

almir Member

Car:
    2005 jetta tdi gls 1.9
    no, you have to open each of the door panels and the module that you are looking is by the door handle. Each door have its own locking module.