1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Welcome to the 2013 Audi A3 TDI and 2014? VW Golf TDI sub forum

Discussion in 'Mk7 VW Golf TDI and 2015+ Audi A3 TDI forum' started by chittychittybangbang, Mar 2, 2012.

1. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I just added this section because the new Audi A3 will be released later next week. The chassis will be shared with the mk7 Golf which should come out late 2012 or 2013 in Europe. This doesn't mean it'll be released the same year in North America because the Golf was heavily revised for 2010. VW also has a history with this: the mk5 Golf was sold in Europe for 2 years before the mk5 came to the US. However, the mk4 Golf was still being built in Brazil at the time vs. the mk6 Golf which is being built in Germany for the US and Europe market.

If the VW golf is too different from the Audi A3 then I'll split the topics off but for now, this forum is divided by chassis family and engines. Thanks for your interest!
    login to remove this ad
  2. kevlartoronto

kevlartoronto New Member

Car:
    2006 audi 3.2L avant
    this is an awesome site. i have a 3.2L 2006 avant (with manual tranny). i love this car but it sucks the gas. diesel is the same or less than regular gas here in canada so i'm looking to buy a diesel within the next 12 months. i'd love to get a 2013/14 a3 sportback but that's not going to come to NA. next up would be the sedan. am i correct to be expecting the sedan to arrive around this time next year? paddle shifters only? ea288 spec engine with 150-190hp? thanks!! And keep up the good work!
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012
  3. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    So far it's not confirmed, but I see the 150 hp engine (probably), sedan only (confirmed). No idea on trans choice. Sedan is supposed to come mid-late next year, so delayed model year 2013 or model year 2014.
  4. kevlartoronto

kevlartoronto New Member

Car:
    2006 audi 3.2L avant
    I love the design of the a3 sedan but I find it frustrating that while vw is cheapening their interiors and keeping the manual transmission, Audi has decided to drop the manual transmission in the avant and the diesel a3 sportback. It would be great to have a jetta "GTD" to complement the GLI or a manual in the diesel a3 sedan. The a3 sedan seems to have been delayed quite a bit. Is this because it will be based on the new platform? here is an interesting video. he states that there will be an introduction every 5 months of the a3 family after the 3 door. hummm which is next and when? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqT1GtTHT-U
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2012
  5. termy

termy New Member

Car:
    08 Volvo XC 90 AWD/06 Pontiac Vibe
    FWIW I looked into a A3 TDI via the military sales program and the salesman "assured" me that the 2013 A3 TDI will still come in a hatchback version. He "guessed" that 2014 might be Sedan only. Not sure what to think....
  6. benfactorial

benfactorial New Member

Car:
    2012 VW Golf TDI w/ Tech Package, DSG
    I wish they would still offer the hatchback in the US. I was planning on an A3 TDI Hatchback as being my next new car (in 3-4 years). I might have to plan on a Q5 TDI instead now. I find the utility of a hatchback to be very convenient.

I don't understand Americans' distaste for hatchbacks, and I think the 2013 A3 hatch looks very sexy.
  7. termy

termy New Member

Car:
    08 Volvo XC 90 AWD/06 Pontiac Vibe
    Again, this guy claims there will indeed still be a hatchback version of the 3 in the US for the 2013 model. I am suspect, but I would sure like confirmation. Like you, I think hatchbacks are the only way to go. I will never own a SUV or crossover again.
  8. ltdunstan

ltdunstan New Member

Car:
    VW Passat 2012
    2013 A3 Hatchback

I just order a 2013 A3 TDI and it is the hatchback version, same as the 2012 no updates to the car. It is scheduled to arrive in October, I have the 2013 Product Book, if anyone wants it, but it's to large to post.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2012
  9. raitchison

raitchison New Member

Car:
    2013 A3 TDi
    Same with me, I just ordered a 2013 A3 TDi, it's the same as the 2012 but the order sheet says 2013.

I'm guessing that means when the new model A3 arrives it will be sold as a 2014 and probably won't arrive until early 2013 at the absolute soonest.

They told you October? They told me 3-4 months, I guess the 4 months figure is pretty much October.
  10. Bovis

Bovis New Member

Car:
    Jetta IV
    Mods:
    planning to buy a golf TDI
  11. Bovis

Bovis New Member

Car:
    Jetta IV
    Mods:
    planning to buy a golf TDI
  12. MaineMoxie

MaineMoxie New Member

Car:
    2013 Audi A3 TDI
    I just picked up a 2013 Audi A3 TDI. My biggest complaint is that I really would prefer a fully manual trannie with quattro, but beggars can't be choosers (my previous car died, sort of). Nevertheless, the s-tronic trannie is at least more responsive than the regular tiptronic (since there's no torque converter). Otherwise, I've been quite pleased with it. It handles like a larger car (at least compared to my old Jetta).