VW says they will not pay TDI settlement until the repair/fix is done???!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by OneTDIcup, Dec 28, 2016.

1. OneTDIcup

OneTDIcup New Member

Car:
    2010 Jetta TDI Cup Street Edition 6MT
    Mods:
    Banks, AFE, ECS, Malone, Neuspeed, JL Audio
    Called today to check on the settlement from VW. I picked the "fix it" option with compensation. When I spoke to the agent he stated that no payment would be made until the repair was complete but no repair is available at this time. I said so it could be years, he said "well VW has until May of 2018 to come up with a fix." That is 1 and 1/2 years from now. Anybody else discover this?

login to remove this ad
  2. mikeme

mikeme Active Member

Car:
    2009 JSW TDI
    This is well known.

but does not dictate it will be that long.

VW agreed to submit a fix by the end of next month (for the "gen 1 cars"), and the authorities said they would give a yes/no within 45 days or so of that.

you could assume they have been in some communication in the mean time.

and VW is motivated to get a fix done. the buyback cars will not be any more valuable to them by waiting longer to have the fix approved.

(a fixed 2010 will not wholesale for more in 2018 than it would in 2017, all else being equal)

3. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2014 BMW 328D xDrive
    Mods:
    '12 Golf TDI sold to VW 2/8/17
    Sorry, but this is not news. This has been known since ~June when the draft pre-approval settlement documents were released for public review and comment.

If you choose to take the fix option you get nothing until they devise a fix and get it approved. If they cannot devise a fix, you have the choice of taking the buyback at that point, or opting out and getting nothing/keeping your car.

4. OneTDIcup

OneTDIcup New Member

Car:
    2010 Jetta TDI Cup Street Edition 6MT
    Mods:
    Banks, AFE, ECS, Malone, Neuspeed, JL Audio
    Guess I'll be selling back a perfect Cup Edition car :mad:

5. ozca

ozca New Member

Car:
    VW Jetta TDI 2003
    I would keep it, if nobody had said anything you would still be perfectly happy. I'm willing to bet that there are lots of gas guzzlers out there that have worse emissions.
    I have an 06 TDi and love it. and am looking at buying a newer model, like a 2012 TDi and when the fix is done there should be a few dollars payback too.:)

kmunroe likes this.