VW Passat 2.0TDI balance shaft failure

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by VWPassat2.0TDI, Oct 12, 2017.

1. VWPassat2.0TDI

VWPassat2.0TDI New Member

Car:
    Passat 2.0 TDI, BKP
    Hi guys, I was searching for B6 balance shaft problems in the forum but I didn't find many hits. Im not sure why as I think it is a common problem with these 2.0 TDI engines.
    Long story short I have a Passat B6 with a BKP engine code and few days ago I lost oil pressure. We towed it to my garage and they said it is most likely the balance shaft which has worn out and some hexagon pin has caused this problem.
    When I was searching for relevant topics I found few mentioning some balance shaft delete kit. Is it possible with my engine too? I think I should have some sort of chain driven oil pump or balance shaft?!
    Im not entirely sure how they call it. Im expecting a call from my mechanic shortly and he should bring some light here but I thought I ask the forum members here. How much would this repair or balance shaft delete cost?
    Do they need to change that hexagon key only?

2. Dave N

Dave N Member

Car:
    06 Golf TDI
  3. Dave N

Dave N Member

Car:
    06 Golf TDI
  4. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    VWPassat2.0TDI - you can remove Volkswagen as we know who makes the Passat and it takes up a lot of room just add BKP?
    Your from Reading I assume that UK, just as UK at the end?

The balance shaft is talked about in TDI Wiki if you search?

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2008-05/2009, Model: Passat/4Motion/Variant, Engine Code: BKP, 103Kw, 140PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD)

5. VWPassat2.0TDI

VWPassat2.0TDI New Member

Car:
    Passat 2.0 TDI, BKP
    Thanks for the heads up. I've changed my profile data and read that wiki.
    Dave recommended that balance shaft delete kit but they are in the US and it fits BHW engine only.
    Meantime my mechanic confirmed that I have this balancing shaft problem and he needs one ASAP. There are many of this remanufactured shafts out-there but all I found wanted deposit apart from one.
    zedperformance offers here balance shaft without deposit and they claim it is new: https://shop.zedperformance.co.uk/passat-a4-2.0-tdi-balance-shaft
    Since it is very urgent I've ordered one. I can post pics of it when I received.
    I was thinking to convert it to a gear driven system but I think we'll just fix it and use the same chain mechanism.

Dave N likes this.