VW Hoarder from Ohio

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by Austin.C, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Austin.C

Austin.C New Member

Car:
    1998 VW Jetta TDI
    I have 3- 1998 Jetta TDIs. 1 runs with a few minor issues, the other 2 I bought as projects to get running and possibly sell.

1. Silver, this is my spare car for when my Passat is down, or I just want to switch cars. It has an aftermarket sunroof that needs sealed. I have the headliner out to wrap it, and I even bought gauge faces to match. Sprint 520 nozzles are on order for this so I can swap the injectors into another TDI

2. Black, this car was upgraded with PowerPlus 764 nozzles. I plan on replacing them with Sprint 520's. I was told there was no diesel making it to the injectors and haven't had a chance to test the IP or swap fuel filters.

3. White, this car came with Black as a package deal. I pulled the valve cover to find out a lash cap slipped out from under the cam. The body has some rust. Odd thing about this car is that it has power windows.

login to remove this ad
  2. crsmp5

crsmp5 Well-Known Member

Car:
    85 kubvan
    your not a hoarder.... 3 cars... hah.. surpassed that years ago...

see ya start like so...
    [​IMG]
    1st car that died a horrid death.. you take remaining parts to build next car

[​IMG]
    2nd car.. that builtthis 4 years later
    [​IMG]

but ya build this when turned 19 cause 2 cars..
    [​IMG]

that got reshelled into
    [​IMG]
    in feb 97, then resurected this past may like so
    [​IMG]

now i add a b3 to my fleet
    [​IMG]
    this is 4 02.. its a 1.6td with 020 at that.. tdi wee $$$ in 02..
    which i put in
    [​IMG]
    and has the head off the very first car way up there installed on it even..

in 2009 i added this... got it for the door panels in my red one.. but made hella fun work/crap weather car
    [​IMG]

and since it rotted away using it to build this..
    [​IMG]

but in the middle of all that i added this to my collection
    [​IMG]

so have box stock kubvan too, just not found realistic way to insure it.. my work pos for bad weather days, and a 63 zuki i need to finish... 6 cars and a bike.. solo driver, no roomates.. i could be considered a horder.. but my collection is nothing vs a true horder.. but im smart nuff to throw nothing away but "garbage" as my parts supply is massive of the stuff ive kept

so.. i have 6 cars.. only 1 unop as needs built.. and i expect to drive it this summer..

welcometomyturbodies

3. Austin.C

Austin.C New Member

Car:
    1998 VW Jetta TDI
    Thanks. I know I have a long way to go to catch up to some people.

4. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Lol, when you put your collection in pics it seems a bit much!

5. crsmp5

crsmp5 Well-Known Member

Car:
    85 kubvan
    why i called him out on being a hoarder... :p how can ya be unless ya have proof? and i am not as big a hoarder as others... i know of a pole barn or 2 chalk full of "dreams" the owners think they will get to one day... and then you have those with fields too... at least most of my stuff i can drive.. i know of 30+ year old stalled projects... i know where there is i bet $200k of air cooled dry stored split window busses and bugs in oe paint that needed mechanicle rebuilds only from 30+ years ago.. but owner swears he will get to them...