VW Hoarder from Ohio

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by Austin.C, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Austin.C

Austin.C New Member

Car:
    1998 VW Jetta TDI
    I have 3- 1998 Jetta TDIs. 1 runs with a few minor issues, the other 2 I bought as projects to get running and possibly sell.

1. Silver, this is my spare car for when my Passat is down, or I just want to switch cars. It has an aftermarket sunroof that needs sealed. I have the headliner out to wrap it, and I even bought gauge faces to match. Sprint 520 nozzles are on order for this so I can swap the injectors into another TDI

2. Black, this car was upgraded with PowerPlus 764 nozzles. I plan on replacing them with Sprint 520's. I was told there was no diesel making it to the injectors and haven't had a chance to test the IP or swap fuel filters.

3. White, this car came with Black as a package deal. I pulled the valve cover to find out a lash cap slipped out from under the cam. The body has some rust. Odd thing about this car is that it has power windows.

2. crsmp5

crsmp5 Well-Known Member

Car:
    85 kubvan
    your not a hoarder.... 3 cars... hah.. surpassed that years ago...

see ya start like so...
    [​IMG]
    1st car that died a horrid death.. you take remaining parts to build next car

[​IMG]
    2nd car.. that builtthis 4 years later
    [​IMG]

but ya build this when turned 19 cause 2 cars..
    [​IMG]

that got reshelled into
    [​IMG]
    in feb 97, then resurected this past may like so
    [​IMG]

now i add a b3 to my fleet
    [​IMG]
    this is 4 02.. its a 1.6td with 020 at that.. tdi wee $$$ in 02..
    which i put in
    [​IMG]
    and has the head off the very first car way up there installed on it even..

in 2009 i added this... got it for the door panels in my red one.. but made hella fun work/crap weather car
    [​IMG]

and since it rotted away using it to build this..
    [​IMG]

but in the middle of all that i added this to my collection
    [​IMG]

so have box stock kubvan too, just not found realistic way to insure it.. my work pos for bad weather days, and a 63 zuki i need to finish... 6 cars and a bike.. solo driver, no roomates.. i could be considered a horder.. but my collection is nothing vs a true horder.. but im smart nuff to throw nothing away but "garbage" as my parts supply is massive of the stuff ive kept

so.. i have 6 cars.. only 1 unop as needs built.. and i expect to drive it this summer..

welcometomyturbodies

3. Austin.C

Austin.C New Member

Car:
    1998 VW Jetta TDI
    Thanks. I know I have a long way to go to catch up to some people.

4. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Lol, when you put your collection in pics it seems a bit much!

5. crsmp5

crsmp5 Well-Known Member

Car:
    85 kubvan
    why i called him out on being a hoarder... :p how can ya be unless ya have proof? and i am not as big a hoarder as others... i know of a pole barn or 2 chalk full of "dreams" the owners think they will get to one day... and then you have those with fields too... at least most of my stuff i can drive.. i know of 30+ year old stalled projects... i know where there is i bet $200k of air cooled dry stored split window busses and bugs in oe paint that needed mechanicle rebuilds only from 30+ years ago.. but owner swears he will get to them...