1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

VW Beetle will not stay running

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by 02beetlebug, Apr 16, 2012.

1. 02beetlebug

02beetlebug New Member

Car:
    2002 VW Beetle 1.8t
    2002 Beetle 1.8t will start, but then dies. I have been having issues with the car not starting or starting then not staying running for awhile. The car has also within the last couple of years on occassion ran rough after starting and will serge so to speak. Today my car ran great and then I went to start it and the car would start and then die. I noticed that the immobilizer light and now it flashes when the key is in the ignition. I have been using the same key for the 8 years that I have had the car.
    login to remove this ad