Vibration during acceleration

Discussion in 'Audi TDI forums' started by Klaus_Meine, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Klaus_Meine

Klaus_Meine New Member

Car:
    Audi A4 B6 1.9TDi AWX
    Hi everyone.
    I have terrible vibration durring acceleration in my A4 B6 1.9tdi AWX 5M. The whole car vibrates, especially the gear stick, front seats and the pedals when I take over and press the "pedal to the metal". No matter on which gear, but on 4th the vibrations are greater.
    The wheels are balanced TEN times, in ten different tireshops.
    All four brake discs replaced.
    Both axles completed (including inner and outer cv joint) replaced.
    DMF and the clutch replaced.
    The car was in a special local diesel workshop for inspection of fuel equipment and turbocharger - as per their opinion - all in perfect condition.
    Engine mounts were visualy checked - no noticeable defects.
    Any ideas ??
    Thanks in advance.

login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    You've pretty ruled out everything. The only thing left is the wheels are bent or there is some hub problem. You can balance a square but that doesn't mean it will roll smoothly. If they use a road force test machine where it presses the tire against a roller it will rule out a bent wheel.

Either that or the axles are bad. The fact that the gear stick vibrates tells me it's something in the driveline or something in the engine is causing vibration which is causing the stick to shake. If you apply full power at higher rpm, does it still vibrate? If you apply full power when the engine is lugging then this can sometimes cause shaking.

3. kingmadness

kingmadness New Member

Car:
    vw touran
    Hi

might not be the same solution but i had exactly what you are describing on my vw touran 1.9 tdi and after having the dmf and clutch replaced also the egr it turned out to be a worn camshaft and followers.

4. hughc

hughc New Member

Car:
    2005 Passat wagon TDI
    Mods:
    BSM delete, transmission swapped for 5sp manual gear box, Malone stage 1.5
    Hi
    I'm having a somewhat similar problem with my 2005 Passat tdi since it was changed over to 5 sp manual.
    It is only noticeable when accelerating hard so I'm learning to live with it.
    As I spend more time on these VW forums I'm slowly realizing that when possible, only the best of components should be used when replacing damaged/worn components.
    Having said that, and since I'm not sure of the quality of the half shafts that were supplied with my 5 sp kit, I've decided that when finances allow I will replace my front axels with OEM quality, probably Raxels. (is that right?) Anyway, I think you understand.
    Other than trying new axels, I'm at a lost as to what might be causing my shuddering problem.

5. Eguegu

Eguegu New Member

Car:
    VW Passat
    Hi everyone I have the same problem with my vw passat 2.0 103 kw ... I change DMF and the clutch Wheels, Engine mounts, brake discs and nothing.....
    so Now I bought used 6 speed gearbox...

When I change it I will report what has changed....