1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Vento 1.9d to 1.9td

Discussion in 'VW Mk3 Jetta, Passat TDI and other/older diesels' started by Quinncey, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Quinncey

Quinncey New Member

Car:
    VW Vento
    Howdy do everyone,,

I don't really be on here much but im going to start using this much more as the knowledge base is massive and you all seem to be a friendly bunch... but a bit of background... i bought a little humble 1.4 petroleum (BOOOOO) vento and it really was useless and was my first petrol car so missed the torque and smoothness of a diesel... i then went and purchased a 1.9 straight diesel golf estate for a doner which was dropped in for a while and still didn't satisfy me.. so heres the good bit...

took engine out and stripped down cleaned and most things replaced (wish i had of painted it too) then i drilled the block for an oil return for a turbo... i then got an aaz turbo, inlet manni, oil cooler and pump and waaalaaa my turbo diesel :) im very happy with the out come of it and pulls really well now...

Next step is to up the performance a little been looking around and think 120 bhp is very possible...

to do:

1) Boost pin from a rover 220d or MK2 GTD or grind it myself
    2) Intercooler
    3) Boost Gauge and EGT Gauge
    4) Goviner mod i need some help here dont know what to do???
    5) Bigger Turbo also help needed here????

Any other suggestions on performance up grades greatly appreciated... here is a few pics of a build thread i started on jetta junkies copy and pasted so sorry if it doesn't all tie in or make sense... all C's&C's welcome and all advice greatly appreciated

Started on the engine... started life as a 1.9d i took it out striped it down and cleaned everything... looking back back now i wish i had of painted it...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sent away the block then to get drilled for an oil return for a turbo :D

heres what came back

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You would swer it was always there :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Said id screw this back a bit to while i was at it
    [​IMG]

looking for an aneriod pin (if thats the right name for it) now for the pump

Stripping the petrol now and in with the diesel
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thought it was a plug and play job but we had to change the loom too
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

couldnt get the engine to fire up so bought this to wire it direct bit got it going now and dont need it now
    [​IMG]

so thats the important bit done now onto body work and stuff
    login to remove this ad
  2. Seatman

Seatman Active Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping
    The turbo from the AHU/1Z or the garret from the AGR can do about 130 tops on the tdi so should manage the 120 mark. That's probably the easiest way to go about it. You will need bigger nozzles too and if you haven't already I'd fit an IC to help get more air in.

Find an old Mk3 and strip the manifold, boost pipes, IC etc from it. The turbo might even bolt to your manifold.
  3. Quinncey

Quinncey New Member

Car:
    VW Vento
    completely forgot about this thread

ill do a small update have the gtd nozzles in engine now along with a gtd boost pin and will be including a gtd pump head too...

my only dilemma now is what turbo to use im just not happy with the one on it boosts very low and peaks very early.. any suggestions

will be getting a 2.25 inch straight through too, also bit of advice needed on gearbox options and clutch/flywheel options

have an IC to go on too small and small piping will be on the look out for a gtd cooler too..

here is a link to my thread for anyone who is interested

http://www.autostadt.ie/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=161&t=1225