Vacuum Diagram?

Discussion in 'VW Mk3 Jetta, Passat TDI and other/older diesels' started by dkr, Sep 26, 2016.

1. dkr

dkr New Member

Car:
    1997 Jetta TDI
    Hi All,

I just bought a 1997 Jetta TDI with a 1Z engine swapped in. It was a crazy last minute buy on eBay with some initial issues. The seller lives close to me. I would like to be able to use the car as an occasional driver for a while and then long-term to swap the engine into a Samurai.

The primary issue is that the electrical harness was cut by the fan belt and melted in a few places. The previous owner tried to fix it himself, but the instrument panel does not work and some electrical gremlins remain.

The other issue is that the car is in limp mode. I believe the PO messed up the vacuum lines. He showed me what looked like a main vacuum line and when he plugged an empty port, the car would come out of limp mode, but then the brake booster would stop working.

Are there any resources where I can find out what the stock vaccum lines should look like? I'm picking up the car tomorrow so I should be able to get some more info.

Thanks,

Dkr.

login to remove this ad
  2. Seatman

Seatman Well-Known Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping