1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

used motor oil for fuel

Discussion in 'Biodiesel general' started by furyfins, Mar 27, 2011.

1. furyfins

furyfins New Member

Car:
    1997 jetta
    I am new to this site. I had been running between 50 and 90% filtered to less than 10 microns used oil picked up from auto shops and ran through my 3 stage filtration system. Have ran a truck a 7.3 mechanical injected ford turbo diesel with nearly 200,000 miles on this for approx. 20,000 miles with minimal trouble. Recently have been putting about 10% of this filtered oil in my girlfriends 97 tdi jetta. Have seen no change in how it runs. Has anyone experimented with used oil in TDI's? I am thinking about uping the % as the weather gets warmer.
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    You could but as you have hinted at, the wear inside used motor oil isn't good for the long term life of the engine. I don't know how fine it can be filtered. On your 97 it's certainly more tolerant than a 2004+ PD engine or new common rail engine, not just in the fuel injection but the emissions filters.

You mentioned "minimal trouble" :D Would that be worth it with the girlfriend if her car has a problem :D