1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

USB on Fender Audio System

Discussion in '2012-2015 VW Passat TDI forum' started by jsclarke, Oct 3, 2011.

1. jsclarke

jsclarke New Member

Car:
    Infiniti M35
    I just checked the 1000 question section- but am hoping some of you owners can elaborate on the Fender Audio system. Can you play MP3's, from a USB disk on key, via the Fender audio? It appears you need a cable to change the MDI to do this (instead of an ipod). This is actually critical for me- I regularly record internet radio and play it in the car. Thanks everyone... John
    login to remove this ad
  2. MyAvocation

MyAvocation Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI 2006.5
    Just use the SD slot.
  3. Rick DD

Rick DD New Member

Car:
    2012 JSW
    Just get a MDI to usb cable to replace the ipod one, i use a 360g hard drive that i partitioned down to 100g holds everything i need , i also use a 32g thumb drive , sd card works ok but seems to have a folder and total no. of files limit, the usb does not, i ordered my cable from ebay $20.00
  4. waterboy719

waterboy719 New Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SEL
    There is also the round input device ( sorry not sure what it is called ) by the ipod cable you can plug into..... Plug would look like a mini ear phone jack or old mic jack. I would assume earphone on your phone to this port in the car.

Hope this helps