1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures
  1. chgofirefighter

chgofirefighter Member

Car:
    2011 VW Golf TDI 4 door
    Hello all,

I'm excited about getting my ECU tune by speedtuningusa, Oliver is one heck of a guy to deal with and his Stage 2 upgrade is only $399! Compare to other who cost way up there in price. I'm sure that not all tuners are the same but they are pretty much compatible. Since I'm not looking to be racing down the street nor am I doing any type of crazy mods, I just want a lil bit more performance, fuel economy etc.

I will post my end result of my trial of speedtuningusa ;) tune...
    login to remove this ad
  2. elevguy

elevguy New Member

Car:
    jetta tdi 2011
    sweet keep us posted
  3. amd is the best

amd is the best Member

Car:
    10' Jetta TDI DSG, 01' S4, 91' 200
    Link to some more info on the company/tune/software?
  4. DubFamily

DubFamily Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI 6MT
    Definitely more info... I looked them up and found this: http://www.speedtuningusa.com/

If this is the company you are talking about, I'd love to hear more as they are located in Maryland :D
  5. dangrass

dangrass Member

Car:
    2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
    Looked at their site and it appears that they sell modules rather than re-tune the ecu itself. Is this what you are considering?
  6. chgofirefighter

chgofirefighter Member

Car:
    2011 VW Golf TDI 4 door
    No, I'm not considering a box or module but a full stage 2 remap of my ECU. Their site needs to be updated but give Oliver a call, he's a good guy with lots of knowledge about diesel tuning. Plus the guy is not looking to over charge you like other companies due just because of their name. All remaps are basically or better said somewhat identical, some claim higher numbers and bragging rights than other but at the end it all boils down to the same thing.

I can try to get a few guys together and do a group buy so that we all can save some $$$ who's in???
  7. chgofirefighter

chgofirefighter Member

Car:
    2011 VW Golf TDI 4 door
    Received my ECU back today, installed it, test drove the car w the suppose Stage 2 software remap. Honestly, I can't feel a "major" difference when I drive the car. Contacted speedtuningusa "Oliver" and I asked him what was the issue w the new remap? And he stated that I needed to let the computer adjust and I needed to drive the car for about a week or 2. Is this a factual statement???

I've done numerous ECU remaps, BMW's, Mercedes, etc and all of my previous remaps were immediately noticed! Granted the cars were not diesel but still I'm confused because the dyno numbers given to me showed an improvement overall. Well, I really can't feel **** for a Level 2 remap. Car drives normal and for 60HP in torque and 30HP in the engine I should notice something right away. Needless to say that I complaint to this company and if I don't some improvement I will contact my PayPal, my credit card company and file a complaint of services not received. Well see why happens, keep you guys posted. So far I'm NOT happy at all. Speedtuningusa stated that if I wasn't happy they will re tune the ECU more aggressively, my question is how aggressive can you get after a Stage 2 remap!???? WTH
  8. Jan 1979

Jan 1979 New Member

Car:
    2010 Golf TDI
    Mods:
    18 ' Motorsport Wheels,Stenadyne, H&R Sports Sprin
    Tune

It doesn't sound right. Everyone I spoke to pretty much said that it will feel like driving a new car and that is with Stage1 nevermind Stage 2. 30 hp and 60 foot pounds of torque is very noticeable. Good luck.
  9. chgofirefighter

chgofirefighter Member

Car:
    2011 VW Golf TDI 4 door
    Yes that is correct! ;(
  10. DubFamily

DubFamily Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI 6MT
    beginning to sound more like a "you get what you pay for" situation... :annoyed:(
  11. chgofirefighter

chgofirefighter Member

Car:
    2011 VW Golf TDI 4 door
    Dub, yes you are correct