Trunk release

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by ehautama, Jan 20, 2012.

1. ehautama

ehautama New Member

Car:
    2012 Jetta TDI, 2005 T&C minivan
    Greetings all!

Purchased a 2012 Jetta TDI.

Yesterday, my trunk release button on the door stopped working. Nor can i manually release the trunk with my hand while the doors are unlocked and such.

The only thing that works is to hold the trunk button down on the fob.

Could this be a "frozen" issue with the latch and manual trunk release or a fuse thing? I am in a cold climate. It's been 5 F for the past couple days.

Thanks

Eric
    login to remove this ad
  2. golfTDI1

golfTDI1 Member

Car:
    2010 VW Golf TDI 6M 4dr
    Mods:
    see signature
    Hmm...not sure abt this one...shouldn't be a fuse considering the fob activates the same circuit as the other buttons. Are u sure u didn't activate some sort of valet setting inadvertently, because this sounds like that type of thing. If u gave a valet attendant the valet key right now (which doesnt have fob buttons, he wouldnt be able to get into the trunk, but you could.

I own a golf, but I have an 11 Jetta courtesy car while mine is at the dealer...I'll experiment later and let u know what I find.
  3. ehautama

ehautama New Member

Car:
    2012 Jetta TDI, 2005 T&C minivan
    Ok, I am only a half idiot I guess.

One night, I grabbed my spare fob and locked the car electronically.

Later on, in a day or two, i noticed the trunk latch didn't work but everything else did.

I recently started the car with my other set and WALLA! the latch works!

On my 330i, i would switch from one key to the other and whenever you unlocked the car with one set, all the security was unlocked regardless of which fob was used originally. But i guess this is different.

So as i understand it, if i lock the car with one fob, i have to start the car with that fob in order to get the trunk release latch and manual hatch release to work. Doesn't make sense to me, but I love the car and will adapt!

Eric
  4. golfTDI1

golfTDI1 Member

Car:
    2010 VW Golf TDI 6M 4dr
    Mods:
    see signature

Wow, lol...well there you go!
  5. probstk

probstk Member

Car:
    2011 Jetta TDI Highline 6sp
    Mods:
    Dieselgeek Sigma 6 shift kit
    Interesting...gonna try this out tonight.