Timing Belt replaced at WheelingVW in WV

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI forum' started by wphilp, Feb 10, 2012.

1. wphilp

wphilp New Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI / 2010
    Has any one done a CR diesel Timing Belt done at Wheeling Automotive Volkswagen in Wheeling WV and was happy or unhappy with them?
    login to remove this ad
  2. Ol'Rattler

Ol'Rattler Active Member

Car:
    06 TDI Jetta
    Not a clue. If you could post the parts they replaced we might be able to advise you if they did the T/B correctly.

Also, take off the upper timing belt cover and look for felt pen or paint marks. if you find marks, it means they did not use the required cam and crank lock tools and may not have got the cam to crank timing correct.

A lot of places will take shortcuts, even VW dealers, that can cause timing failures that in the not to distant future (30K miles or less) can lead to catastrophic failure.
  3. dweisel

dweisel Member

Car:
    09 tdi Jetta Sedan-09 tdi Jetta SW-03 tdi Beetle
    Mods:
    dweisel's stainless fuel sending rods
    I wouldn't trust them with any of my tdi's. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=259601 If you want to use a dealer go to 3 Rivers VW or Rt.19 N just North East of Little Washington. Or give Jamie a call at 724267-3555. He used to be a VW tech at 3 Rivers that went out on his own.
  4. wphilp

wphilp New Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI / 2010
    Thanks i was leaning toward 3riversvw I am from Canonsburg and familiar with that dealer. I have no prob with Wheeling except for 3 different quotes for the same service, but after reading your post on Your 09 Jetta wow makes me rethink going there.
  5. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    You're thinking of timing belt change on a 2010 Jetta whats the mileage?
  6. wphilp

wphilp New Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI / 2010
    91,000 miles mostly pretty much all highway between around northern WV and Pittsburgh PA I know the idiot book shows it 120k but i think i will get it done a little earlier.
  7. Adolf

Adolf New Member

Car:
    Skoda Laura PD
    Timing belt replacement

Could any guide me on of timing belt replacement of skoda pump duese engine ?