Terrible Radio Signal

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by Cybermenace, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Cybermenace

Cybermenace New Member

Car:
    Golf GT TDi 140
    Hi folks I have a 2009 Golf Mk6 I have very poor FM radio signal in my car, has anyone else who has had this or do they if anyone has a solution for this?
    When stationary the signal is fine but when driving around it's more or less useless I just can't get a decent signal,
    Radio is a RNS-315 DAB antenna is in the rear window not an external antenna,
    It has worked perfectly until now but I just seem to get a signal for a small amount of time when i driving along RDS is on but doesn’t make a difference ,
    The problem is across all FM channels. It doesn't seem to be related to surrounding buildings, I really need this fixed as I am at a loose end with this and need to find a solution.
    I have noticed that in the hidden menu under FM ANT1 & ANT2 is off & AM ANT is off also,
    But under DAB ANT is showing as on.

So far I have replaced the amplifier which isn't the issue, or they sent me a faulty part,
    How would I know the amplifier is getting power?

Thanks
    Billy

[​IMG]

Replacement amplifier :

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. limso

limso New Member

Car:
    Seat Leon 1.6 TDI
    Hi i dont think you have a problem with the radio its probably a bad wire connection or a bad wire...try to get the radio out and check the jacks also check the antenna wire...maybe if you can try different antenna?

Cybermenace likes this.
  3. Cybermenace

Cybermenace New Member

Car:
    Golf GT TDi 140
    The radio is fine I have tried it in another car and everything is fine it's going to have to be one of these modules that's the problem.

IMG_0972.JPG

IMG_0973.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

limso likes this.