TDI Immobiliser

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by cockneypaul, Jan 4, 2012.

1. cockneypaul

cockneypaul New Member

Car:
    VW T4
    Hey Guys

Doing a T4 Conversion using the golf3 1.9tdi engine.
    Nearly done now but having issues with fueling, I think it may be the immobiliser, I got the vehicle as an unfinished project (or should I say mostly not started project).
    Can anyone advise me how to match the key with the ecu and immo?? the cheapest way please. Thanks

Paul
    login to remove this ad
  2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Welcome to the forum Paul. welcometomyturbodies

Car: VW T4

What year is your T4, please add that to your car spec?

This is the most asked question on here.

Is the immobiliser light on or just won't it start?

I don't thing you will do much with the immobiliser or matching keys if you don't have the SKC.

Search FAQ.
  3. Seatman

Seatman Active Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping
    The immo doesn't affect the fueling, it allows the car to start then shuts it off after a couple of seconds, if you're not getting fuel it's more likely an air leak or a bad fuel shut off solonoid I reckon. Try a can of clean fuel with a pie straight to the pump, just have the can sitting higher so it flows better. If that works fine then you'll know for sure there's something else going on. Also it can take a fair bit to get the fuel to actually come through, loosen the pipes on the tops of the injectors and give a good crank, see if there's anything coming out, if there is then close the injectors one at a time while someone else cranks the engine.

welcometomyturbodies