TDI Dead??

Discussion in 'VW Mk3 Jetta, Passat TDI and other/older diesels' started by 98AHUVW, Jun 8, 2010.

1. 98AHUVW

98AHUVW New Member

Hey guys, went outside and started my TDI like normal to warm it up, and like normal it started up just fine. However when i walked outside 10 minutes later to go to work the car had stopped running and would not start back up. All fuses seem to be in order, and it has a newer fuel filter about a month old. Any ideas?? Im hoping this is something i can take care of pretty quickly because the idea of walking everywhere is an unwanted thought.
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Would not start back up means it won't crank or it will crank but not run? Has no electricity? Any noises like clicking? A common problem is relay 109. The older grey one sometimes fails due to overheating. The newer black one fixes this problem. If your glow plug light doesn't light up when you turn the key on and everything else looks normal it's relay 109.
  3. 50mpg

50mpg New Member

How is the battery? When was the TB last done?
  4. rytlewski

rytlewski New Member

Car:
    bmw z3 2002, vw jetta tdi 2010
    Mods:
    stock
    Not to change the subject, but why a 10 minute warm-up in mid June?
  5. 98AHUVW

98AHUVW New Member

thanks for the replys guys, well the warm up thing is because i like to let things warm up especially a diesel, electricity was good and the relay was ok, also it was cranking just not starting. So it got dropped of to the dealer come to find out the oil pump had failed, stoping the engine and destroying the head. So i appreciate the replys guys and enjoy this forum.