submitting tax on veg oil and biodiesel

Discussion in 'Biodiesel general' started by JohnPk, Nov 25, 2007.

1. JohnPk

JohnPk New Member

Alaska has passed a law that even veg oil and biodiesel users have to pay tax by mailing in a check monthly. Some state except the first few thousand gallons and as long as you are the final user and not selling it, they waive the tax. Not with this law, it sucks!

login to remove this ad
  2. I can see how it's fair to pay tax but they should encourage renewable fuels....in the land of oil! Seriously though, the law just seems poorly written.
  3. JohnPk

JohnPk New Member

How can they even know how much fuel you are using? It seems like it's on the honor system.
  4. tokendog

tokendog New Member

I don't know if they have car inspections, but if they check the odometer they can see that the car has travelled 20,000 miles but you only paid tax on 5,000 miles.
  5. Sporto55

Sporto55 New Member

At least Alaska has an actual written policy.

Here in CT we're left guessing as to what the actual law is, because it seems there is no actual law. One waste veggie oil user actually got arrested and fined $2,000.

We had to sell our WVO Jetta, just because we couldn't drive it without fear of being sent to jail. I would have been happy to send in a check every month if they just told me how much to make it out for and where to mail it.
  6. lbcstyle

lbcstyle New Member

Car:
    2000 Jetta TDI
    Just another way for the Feds to get your money, we do not have this YET in Canada.

I hope it never comes. It is kind of impossible to trac though.