Spring replacement Sportwagen 2015

Discussion in 'Mk7 VW Golf, Sportwagen and Audi A3 TDI forums' started by Salauns, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Salauns

Salauns New Member

Car:
    mk7 sportwagen TDI S manual
    Mods:
    H&R suspension, Fog lights, 18" GTI 2009 wheels.
    Hi Y'all,
    Just watched the You Tube video related to removing the front shocks of a Mark VII golf . Definitively answered some of my questions. However, the video does not give the specific torque for the front axle. Two cases:
    - 27mm socket 6 side bolt : first stage torque:???? followed by 90 degree CW turn
    - 27mm socket 12 side bolt: first stage torque:?????? followed by ????120 degree CW turn?

Mine is a 12 side bolt, could someone please confirm the torque specifics before I remove the shocks and install new H&R springs.

Thank you.

2. Salauns

Salauns New Member

Car:
    mk7 sportwagen TDI S manual
    Mods:
    H&R suspension, Fog lights, 18" GTI 2009 wheels.
    Hi Y'all,
    update on my springs replacement. Since I did not get any answers to my request, I went back to You tube looking for more ideas!. This time however, the video I found was quite different from the previous I had looked at, all torques were included and the technician removed the shaft from the gearbox instead of at the wheel axle. Much more feasible. Using an impact wrench to access the bolts of the shafts definitively help in the process. Also using a 1/4 " ratchet to pry open the bed of the shock is genius and inserting a screw driver through the brake caliper into the rotor to hold the shaft in position made things easier.

3. mrrogers1

mrrogers1 Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI 2009
    Mods:
    Rocket Chip CRD 1
    2 things

What H&R spring (Sport or Super Sport) set did you go with and do you have any finished pictures?

You have link to that second video you used?

Thanks for the info

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk