1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Soon to be Tdi owner

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by Frank'sTdi, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Frank'sTdi

Frank'sTdi New Member

Car:
    2011 Golf 6mt BGM, Nav, dynaudio, sunroof, cold weather, Bi-Xenon
    Mods:
    blind spot side mirrors, DG sigma 6 more pending
    Morning all, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2011 Golf Tdi. I've lurked around the various forums for a while and most have some pretty good info, and a fairly friendly cast of Characters, looking forward to playing with a new ride. Thanks for all the good ideas and how to guides.

Frank
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Welcome! Take a look at the buying guide for the mk6 Golf. There are some handy tips for making the decision, like 2 door vs. 4 door. Personally I like the 2 door but the 4 door is more practical.

welcometomyturbodies
  3. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Well I come on here every lunchtime and I see Frank is usually here. He's joined 6 months ago and this is still his first post.

Whats up Frank can't you find any other thread to comment on or haven't you managed to find this 2011 Golf Tdi yet? ;)
  4. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Hey up Frank I see you have finally found a Golf TDI and you didn't tell us about it are you going to give us the background story?

Blind spot side mirrors, do those eliminate or reduce blind spots?

What is DG sigma?
  5. Frank'sTdi

Frank'sTdi New Member

Car:
    2011 Golf 6mt BGM, Nav, dynaudio, sunroof, cold weather, Bi-Xenon
    Mods:
    blind spot side mirrors, DG sigma 6 more pending
    Hmm Keith I got the PM but I went back 5 pages and your post didn't bring this thread to the front for some reason.

Diesel Geek Sigma 6 short shift kit and the wide view side mirrors that you get in the UK as a standard feature I believe. Along with a host of other nice options that aren't available in the States such as a GTD :bangshead, and leather seats.

I've had the car since April I've put just over 13,000 miles (21,000 KM's) on the car since I got it. It's a blast to drive and I'm averaging just over 38.5 mpg with a blend of city and highway driving.

It's a vast improvement over the Maxima in handling and ride comfort. I'll add some new toys over the winter when I have time but I'm very happy with the car so far.

Enjoy the day.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2011
  6. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Thats ok Frank now we have a bit of background on your new motor?