1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Sluggish and oil leak vw jetta tdi

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by howard1, Dec 28, 2011.

1. howard1

howard1 New Member

Car:
    2003 golf diesel
    Sorry to reply but new to site and cannot find out to use a new post. Just changed the cam belt on my Golf 1900 tdi 2003. and changed the oil. After 15 miles switched on cruise control and must be a co-incidence but car started to have a "whoosing noise" checked evrything and looked OK done a few miles and a big puff of smoke came out of the exhaust and car now runs fine but no guts in it. Oil is leeking from the intercooler pipe at bottom Is the turbo gone? Code shows 17964 charge pressure but re-set and shows no code? Any help grateful.
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Turbo shouldn't be gone but I don't want to say no and then you have an engine runaway...I don't know what your wooshing noise sounded like. Drives ok now? See article in FAQ for limp mode troubleshooting, sounds like this is your problem.
  3. howard1

howard1 New Member

Car:
    2003 golf diesel
    Many thanks for your reply. Turns out it was the pipe coming from the bottom of the small rad under the offside wing (intercooler?) Must have slightly dislodged it when moving it to one side when taking the bottom pulley off the crank and it came off whilst driving and couldn't see last night in the dark. Many thanks. Howard