1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Site downtime today

Discussion in 'site comments/suggestions/corrections' started by chittychittybangbang, Sep 20, 2011.

1. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Sorry for the outage today around 3:30PM eastern, it lasted around 5 minutes. It appears the server was reset for some reasons, it's now fixed.
    login to remove this ad
  2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Yes noticed pages didn't respond today at around 3:15PM UK time but that doesn't match with 3:30PM eastern time.
  3. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I asked the host, they said they had to reboot the server as it stopped responding.
  4. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    As the server been very slow today?

I normally come on at break times and lunch times at work. Today I came on at 10:10AM UK I read a few threads the clicked New Posts to see if anything else was new and it wouldn't move at all. I tried the same at lunch time 12:30PM UK and afternoon break 15:10PM UK and it still wouldn't move through posts. All other forums worked ok.

The same happened tonight this is the first time I've been able to post this reply.
  5. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    It's possible there was some slowdown but I didn't see anything. Site activity seems normal.
  6. YMZ

YMZ Super Moderator

Car:
    Jetta 2003, Golf 2001
    Latitude 44.407959, longitude -76.018369.
    Yes... pages were taking forever to load or would just sit there "waiting"...

Just FYI...

Yuri
  7. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one Yuri.
  8. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    It appears the site was down again today, I came on at lunch time 12:25 UK and it said sever not available and the same again as 15:20.
  9. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Thanks for the report, I can't be online all the time. I checked the logs and there was infact some downtime today. I will probably change hosts when the term runs out but there are much worse hosts out there. 99.99% uptime still results in some downtime when something is running 24/7 for years. I believe that it was due to a server issue which caused some crashing yesterday.