Shifter Vibration

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by harpac, Jul 1, 2011.

1. harpac

harpac New Member

Car:
    2011 Jetta Sportwagen MT
    I am a relatively new owner of a 2011 JSW 6 speed. I enjoy the car a lot, coming from an 07 Civic SI, I only miss the top end HP and the sweet sound.

I have about 6,000 miles on my JSW, and have been noticing that the shifter vibrates, (not noticeable most of the time, but really loud and noticeable at other times), when I let off the gas in 4th gear and about 45 mph thru 30 mph. If I had to duplicate this, I can't. But if I go for a drive, it will sometimes happen after about 30 min of driving, especially with the airconditioning on.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am about to visit the dealer about this and would like to know if I have a potential problem.
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Normally a vibrating shifter is due to a bad flywheel, bad motor mount, bad transmission mount, or loose shifter assembly. It's under warranty, make sure they fix it to your satisfaction and please post a follow up if they repair it and how.