1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Shifter Vibration

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by harpac, Jul 1, 2011.

1. harpac

harpac New Member

Car:
    2011 Jetta Sportwagen MT
    I am a relatively new owner of a 2011 JSW 6 speed. I enjoy the car a lot, coming from an 07 Civic SI, I only miss the top end HP and the sweet sound.

I have about 6,000 miles on my JSW, and have been noticing that the shifter vibrates, (not noticeable most of the time, but really loud and noticeable at other times), when I let off the gas in 4th gear and about 45 mph thru 30 mph. If I had to duplicate this, I can't. But if I go for a drive, it will sometimes happen after about 30 min of driving, especially with the airconditioning on.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am about to visit the dealer about this and would like to know if I have a potential problem.
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Normally a vibrating shifter is due to a bad flywheel, bad motor mount, bad transmission mount, or loose shifter assembly. It's under warranty, make sure they fix it to your satisfaction and please post a follow up if they repair it and how.