Seat Alhambra TDI no power

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by gudgeon, Feb 24, 2012.

1. gudgeon

gudgeon New Member

Car:
    vw golf
    Hello all,im new to this forum and i am hoping one of you guys out there can shed some light on a problem ive got with my 2001 Seat alhambra fitted with the TDI 1.9 engine which is the unit injector type.The vehicle suffers from a serious lack of power and its been all over the place to different garages and auto electricians trying to fix it but unfortunately to no avail,so far it has had a new turbo,maf sensor,N75 valve and associated pipework checked out,boost pressure sensor,ECU sent off to be checked out(all good),Valve timing checked(all ok),new fuel filter fitted,new air filter fitted and various other things checked or replaced,im obviously at my wits end with it now having spent a load of money on it but still no joy,it starts perfectly and ticks over sweet it just seems like there is no boost pressure but the boost hoses expand when its revved up and the turbo can be heard spinning,ive vacuumed up the waste gate actuater manually using a mighty vac but still even with the waste gate fully closed it still isnt any different,any help with this problem by you guys would be very much appreciated....thanks Steve
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    The new turbo should rule out any VNT actuator problems. There is no wastegate on the car, it uses a VNT type turbo, see limp mode FAQ and turbocharging article here for some more details on system.

What engine code is this?

Sounds like you've already covered all the major things, have you verified the fuel lines and fuel pickup in tank? Check out the low power troubleshooting article in the FAQ here for some more ideas.
  3. gudgeon

gudgeon New Member

Car:
    vw golf
    Hi Chitty thanks for your reply to my post,as you say this isnt a conventional turbo wastegate being a variable vane type turbocharger but the actuator rod is free(which it should be being a new turbo)and when the mighty vac is applied to it it moves fully,have you ever heard of a problem with the tandem pump on the end of the camshaft causing problems before because ive read a post somewhere about this possibly being an issue?,i can see the fuel intake to this low pressure pump but then i believe it disappears into the cylinder head to feed the injectors so its difficult to know if its doing what it should be doing really?....thanks Steve
  4. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    There is a port on the side of the pump for draining the head, I'm guessing you can also check press there. I don't have the pressures off the top of my head but you'd need a gauge too.
  5. ecolite

ecolite New Member

Car:
    mk4 golf 130 gt tdi
    just aq thought but my mate had issues with the fly by wire throttle foot pedal sensor....worth a try...
  6. gudgeon

gudgeon New Member

Car:
    vw golf
    Thanks for your suggestions guys im still struggling with this issue at the moment so any help is much appreciated as its a real head doer lol
  7. gudgeon

gudgeon New Member

Car:
    vw golf
    Thanks Ecolite i will try the fly by wire throttle next
  8. dieselpower_79

dieselpower_79 New Member

Car:
    Audi A4 B5 1.9 TDI AFN
    Did you solved the problem?
  9. mircea

mircea New Member

Car:
    corsa/2002
    wath faul code is present
  10. gudgeon

gudgeon New Member

Car:
    vw golf
    The problem still persists guys,tried a second hand ecu and a fair few other things but still no joy,is there any way of checking for a crank sensor signal and camshaft sensor signal using vcds ???
  11. gudgeon

gudgeon New Member

Car:
    vw golf
    Hi mercea,there isnt any fault codes being logged in the ecu's memory at all no
  12. avaxbox

avaxbox New Member

Car:
    GOLF TDI 2006
    Maybe the exhaust is blocked, remove from turbo then road test. Have you changed the injector wiring loom inside the rocker cover?