Rough idle problem.2000 jetta

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by jcdriver, Jan 12, 2012.

1. jcdriver

jcdriver New Member

Car:
    2000 jetta tdi
    Hey as I said I have been with this car about 1 month I replaced all filters runs ok but when i get to a stop starts shacking like if it was a misfire on a gasoline engine I also have a problem with the trunk light it will not come on I tested the light bulb and is ok also tested the connector for voltage and is0v I checked all the fuses and none are bad if someone has a wiring diagram on lights to follow the wires and see if I can find anything bad with the wiring thank you.
    login to remove this ad
  2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
  3. RamMan4x4

RamMan4x4 New Member

Car:
    Jetta/TDI
    The shudder when you come to a stop is likely due too little fuel at idle. The simple fix for this is to just adjust the IQ (injection quantity) with VCDS. There's a balance between performance and idle shudder when adjusting the IQ so make sure you pick a few numbers and try to find the balance that works best for you. Going too low with the setting will have a big impact on acceleration. Search for "TDI IQ setting" and you should find tons of information.

My car was doing the same thing early last year lowering the IQ setting fixed the problem.