RNS 510 question

Discussion in '2012-2015 VW Passat TDI forum' started by tukibird, Apr 8, 2012.

1. tukibird

tukibird New Member

Car:
    volkswagon
    I watched the review of the 510 here - http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/rns510-VW-GPS-FAQ.htm

and it seems much more responsive than the one that was in the car I test drove 3 months ago. Have there been firmware / software updates that make it faster? I remember thinking that the 315 was faster, and I was a bit disappointed. Was it my imagination?

Thank you,

Jim
    login to remove this ad
  2. glenroebuck

glenroebuck New Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SEL
    I was just about to post the same question - my 510 is slow as molasses also I have a 2012 but my HDD capacity is 18.6 gb - thought they added HDD space?..do I somehow have an older 510 in my car? (TDI SEL with NAV) - and can I get a firmware update?
  3. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Mine is first version w/o sirius link or voice command. The newer ones got faster but the newest ones w/voice command are slower.

VW is phasing out voice command and replacing w/sirius link subscription because they found VC was slowing it down. They don't ask if you want it done so if you want to keep voice command you have to tell them whenever the car goes to them. And if they remove it accidentally there's no way to get it back since it's a firmware flash.
  4. glenroebuck

glenroebuck New Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SEL
    I could lose vc if it was a serious speed up - Does anyone know if it is night and day difference between the VC and firmware update to lose VC?