1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Recall - stop sale order of new VW TDI engines due to fuel leak

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by wimpog, Oct 5, 2011.

1. wimpog

wimpog Member

Car:
    2012 JSW Manual
    Mods:
    Protection Kit
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2011
    login to remove this ad
  2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Thanks for the link you learn something new everyday. ;)
  3. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    For whatever reason, the information was removed from your link so there's nothing worth reading there, just reactions to something removed.. I saw the note on autoblog and there is no stop sale notice. Did anyone save the file? I can host it here.

Has anyone else had this notice?
  4. ksing44

ksing44 New Member

I downloaded the images before they disappeared

Page 1
    [​IMG]

Page 2
    [​IMG]
  5. wimpog

wimpog Member

Car:
    2012 JSW Manual
    Mods:
    Protection Kit
    Thank you so much!
  6. immtx

immtx New Member

Car:
    2012 golf tdi with tech package
    I wonder how this is going to effect my 2012 golf order. I know my order went into production status a few weeks ago. Antsy to get my car by Christmas
  7. wimpog

wimpog Member

Car:
    2012 JSW Manual
    Mods:
    Protection Kit
    Has anybody's vehicle been recalled yet?
  8. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    details

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/results.cfm?rcl_id=11V490&searchtype=quicksearch&summary=true&

9. jbkendrick

jbkendrick New Member

Car:
    2011 VW Golf TDI
    Mods:
    ECS Aspherical Mirrors
    I checked mine last night and nothing yet, though the stories I've read said that notices will not begin going out until November, as you can also see in Chitty's quote in this thread. You can check by VIN using this link. http://owners.vw.com/vww/vw_service/recalls.html

I'd be interested to know how long the fuel line is that they will be replacing - the article I read quoted VW as saying that the install will only take about an hour.
  10. jbkendrick

jbkendrick New Member

Car:
    2011 VW Golf TDI
    Mods:
    ECS Aspherical Mirrors
    Chitty - would you recommend we wait to give VW dealers a chance to get comfortable with this fix before rushing in to get ours done? That's my thought at the moment. While I don't want to risk a leak, its not like there have been hundreds of vehicles exhibiting symptoms. John
  11. wimpog

wimpog Member

Car:
    2012 JSW Manual
    Mods:
    Protection Kit
    What's written in the document is not consistent with what the nhtsa Web site says.
    For example:
    - affected vehicles: 8,161 vs 168,275
    - production months differ a lot, the document only mentions Dec 2008, Jan-Feb 2009, Apr 2010, Oct-Dec 2010
    - the document doesn't say anything about Audi A3

This is so ironic, that this recall happened a couple of days ago, because I was planning on looking for something to buy this weekened...
  12. scruff1

scruff1 Member

Car:
    2011 VW Golf TDI - 6 Speed Manual - 2 Door - Tornado Red - Sunroof - FrostHeater
    Just had an interesting conversation with my local VW dealership - MAG VW. Asked whether my 2011 Golf TDI (built 10-15-2010, Wolfsburg, Germany) was on the recall list. He checked my vin number and replied that it was not. What he is finding so far is that only the TDI's built in Mexico are subject to the recall (both Golf and Jetta). Does anyone have information on this?
  13. whiplash willy

whiplash willy New Member

Car:
    2011 TDI Jetta DSG
    My 2011 TDI Sedan was built in Mexico on 6/11. I looked up my vin in the VW Owners Portal, and didn't see any recalls, but I am not sure if there really is no recall on my car, or just if VW Owners Portal hasn't been updated yet.

Has anyone checked their VIN in the owners portal and seen this recall?

http://owners.vw.com/vww/vw_service/recalls.html
  14. dmacneill

dmacneill New Member

Car:
    VW Golf TDI/2012
  15. tdi_votex

tdi_votex New Member

Car:
    Jetta 03
    Mods:
    To many
    After reading this thread, I had this idea last night: why not install dampers. This is part of the remedy.
  16. jbkendrick

jbkendrick New Member

Car:
    2011 VW Golf TDI
    Mods:
    ECS Aspherical Mirrors
    I checked the vin range using the nhtsa link the previous poster provided and I am on it. This range definitely covers TDi's built in Wolfsburg as indicated by the WV at the beginning of the vin range provided. Not sure, but I thought all Gulf TDI's were built in Germany.
  17. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Well the engine codes on that pdf are CJAA and CBEA

CJAA - Golf 140PS - 09\09-05\11 - USA, Canada, Mexico
    CJAA - Golf 140PS - 05\11> - NAR
    CJAA - Jetta 140PS - 07\09-10\10
    CJAA - Jetta 140PS - 07\09> - USA, Canada
    CJAA - Jetta 140PS - 06\09> - USA, Canada, California
    CJAA - New Beetle 140PS - 04\12>

CBEA - Jetta 140PS - 04\08> - USA
    CBEA - Jetta 140PS - 07\07-07\09 - TDI
  18. agoodhi

agoodhi New Member

Car:
    2011 Golf TDI
    Last night I checked the owner's portal and no recalls found. Today, looking at the VIN ranges in the .pdf, I believe my vehicle is not included in the recall (I think the last digits of my VIN are 313132). I'll double check tonight.

Thanks for the info.
  19. JAFO

JAFO New Member

Car:
    2006 Chevy Silverado-diesel, 2007 New Beetle, 2003 Eurovan, 1976 VW Bus, 1966 VW Bus
    I placed an order for a 2012 JSW TDI in early August. Initially I was given an ETA of mid-September. As of yesterday the dealer advises that production on the JSW TDI is limited (no reason given) and now their is no ETA on vehicle. Dealer did not respond to my follow-up inquiry if delay was because of the voluntary fuel line recall.

I also spoke with VW customer relations by phone today, and they wouldn't tell me anything about production delays or voluntary fuel line recall, but instead referred me back to the dealer. Ou vey! I would be more understanding of the production delays if VW and the dealer were more forthcoming with information, but they're not. I still want the car, and have faith the problem is or will be fixed by VW, but IMHO the customer relations aspect of the situation is sub-par. That's my 2 cents...as a loyal vw owner with 4 v-dubs.
  20. stickboy71

stickboy71 New Member

Car:
    2012 Jetta SportWagen TDI
    Mods:
    none yet
    Looking at the VIN ranges in the .pdf, my JSW is included. But nothing comes up in the owner's portal. Guess I'll await official notification.