Rear tires rubbing. Please help

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by freshusmc, May 8, 2017.

1. freshusmc

freshusmc Member

Car:
    2010 JSW TDI
    my car is a 2010 JSW Tdi. Ihave 17" wheels and 225 45 tires. the car is lowered on eibach springs the drop is 2" in the front and 1.75 in the rear. the rear tires are rubbing on the inner inch or so of the tire. i haves had my alignment done 3 times since the the new wheels were put on. it looks like the tires are rubbing on the wheel liner but no proof for sure. any ideas? i have tried searching this and came up so if you have a link ill take that also.

2. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2014 BMW 328D xDrive
    Mods:
    '12 Golf TDI sold to VW 2/8/17
    Well; for starters, the tire size does matter, but not as much as the wheel size. You need to let us know what wheel size you are running (IE 17x7 or 8? ET45 or 30? etc) The backspacing may be a big issue in this instance, since your tire size is perfectly normal and "shouldn't" cause any issues.

Second, the rear fenderwell has some excess material you can fix; if you take a look you'll see there is a lip on the metal itself, if you are hitting that you can roll the fenders. Also, at the rear of the fenderwell you can see where the metal arch joins the rear bumper skin there is a lip with a screw in it. You may need to minimize this point to remove contact issues as well. Finally, you may need to adjust or trim the liner if that's what you are actually hitting.

3. freshusmc

freshusmc Member

Car:
    2010 JSW TDI
    Yeah sorry ment to add that. 17x8 et 45