1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

RCD510 now features phone menu button and phonebook calling for premium 8 radio

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by chittychittybangbang, Sep 17, 2011.

1. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Previously, only European RCD510 premium 8 radios had the phonebook. Now, the North American RCD-510 radios will have a phone button and phonebook menu and function just like the RNS-510 GPS for 2012. THIS IS A ROLLING CHANGE. Not all 2012s will have the phonebook or phone button.

If you don't have a phone button you don't have it. If you have a phone button you have it. All TDI currently come with 9w7 bluetooth so it will also allow a2dp bluetooth music as before, but it now plays automatically if paired with your phone or device. Again, this is for the stock radio, not the GPS units. Previously you had to get GPS to get the phonebook menu and functions on the headunit. Previously, the phonebook menu was only on the MFD/MFI menu for 9w3 and 9w7 bluetooths.

Other 2012 features - ipod tagging and artist experience, see this post for more details: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/...ging-feature-vw-rcd-510-radio-head-unit-9613/
    login to remove this ad
  2. vwottawa

vwottawa Member

Car:
    2011 Jetta Sedan TDI DSG Highline
    Mods:
    VCDS Avail.
    Here is the scan of my radio from VCDS.... I have Canadian 2011 Jetta TDI Highline without Nav.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 56: Radio (J503) Labels: 5M0-035-1xx-56.clb
    Part No SW: 1K0 035 180 AC HW: 1K0 035 180 AC
    Component: Radio Prem-8 H13 0043
    Revision: -----26S Serial number: VWZ4Z7K3128804
    Coding: 2100040002
    Shop #: WSC 00066 000 00000
    VCID: 61E7702DC1D9
    No fault code found.

Which radio do I have? RCD 310 or 510

The reason I ask is I would like to know how to look it up via the part number. Can you tell me how?
  3. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    You have the RCD 510. 100% sure since it says premium 8 in the component number. You also have a highline, the highline comes with the multimedia pack - MDI ipod adapter and highline radio.

The base car without multimedia pack comes with the RCD 310 radio.
  4. Djtj

Djtj New Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI Highline
    Just grabbed a 2012 golf highline TDI. I got lucky and got the phone button! Woohoo!
    (there was 3 2012 GLI's on the lot with the mute button)

...Is there anyway I can stop my iPhone from automatically playing songs when the car is started? I think that is my issue why I am not getting any audible text / email beeps.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
  5. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Go into the setup menu and turn off bluetooth audio.
  6. Djtj

Djtj New Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI Highline
    thank you sir. will try that now!
  7. Djtj

Djtj New Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI Highline
    No dice. This seems to be a problem with VW. There is no way to disable this. Now, everytime I start my car, I could "unpair" the media player, but on restart, it auto pairs again.

This seriously sucks. It's not even the auto playing that really bothers me, it's that when BT-Audio is connected, my phone does not alert me for emails / texts / etc...

Please VW, fix this!

(I also tried to "delete" the bluetooth connection to the media player, but it says "cannot delete, phone is also paired with BT)

ARRRRRGGGGG!!!
  8. maxtdi

maxtdi New Member

Car:
    2011 TDI
    I thought I already had this on my 11? Oh nevermind... only on the DIC.
  9. BrShootr

BrShootr Member

Car:
    2011 MK6 TDI
    Why would not want it to auto-pair? There has to be a setting on the phone no still notify you when paired up. Mine does. I can't imagine being easier to pair up the phone to answer it rather than just having it be paired up every time.

If you still rather not have it paired up, go through the menus on the car and see if there's an auto-connect option as well. I vaguely remember something like that on the car settings. The tip given above is to turn off bluetooth audio, not to avoid BT pairing of the device.
  10. ksing44

ksing44 Member

I wonder if the updated RCD510 might have the option to change the "Theme" of the display to change the button colors. I love the "Premium Theme" on my RNS510 and might have considered staying the RCD510 if I could have changed the theme. Don't get me wrong, I do like having the Nav, but for me being able to change the Theme was a big part of wanting the RNS.

Premium Theme on my RNS510 (pretty darn nice looking!)
    [​IMG]
    From flickr

If someone wants to check with VCDS to see if they can change the theme on the New RCD, I think the screen should look like this in VCDS.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2011