RCD 510 / problems with bluetooth 9w7

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by Anopheles, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Anopheles

Anopheles New Member

Car:
    Jetta SW 2011
    Hello,

I have a bluetooth 9w7 in a Jetta SportWeagen 2011/2011.

I am having a problem in the phone contact list that appears on the screen. In MFD data is perfect, but data on the screen appear meaningless (just the option Contact List; other options data appears perfectly).
    My radio is RCD 510. Have tried several phones and the problem always comes up.

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening?

Thanks

Attached Files:

login to remove this ad
  2. manoloholguin

manoloholguin New Member

Car:
    GTI 2011
    help

I have the same problem with my contac list, if someone know how please let me know
  3. Anopheles

Anopheles New Member

Car:
    Jetta SW 2011
    I discovered that the problem is in RCD 510 software, which is old. If anyone knows of updating the RCD 510 please post in the forum.
  4. golfTDI1

golfTDI1 Member

Car:
    2010 VW Golf TDI 6M 4dr
    Mods:
    see signature
    I don't think you have an RCD510...I think you have an RNS510, which has phone controls and navigation. The RCD-510 DOES NOT have phone controls (which you have) and does not have Navigation.

Bring the car to a dealer for updates, as far as I know, the only update you can do yourself is for the MDI. Updates to the NAV/phone and BT module are done through the dealer. Shouldn't cost you anything.
  5. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    His location is Brazil so I'm guessing he has the RCD which does do phone. The RCD has done phone since 2010 on Euro models. It's only this year that the RCD does phone in the US. So I'm assuming the brazil units must be similar to the Euro units. RCD was made by different manufacturers to different specs in Europe/US.
  6. Anopheles

Anopheles New Member

Car:
    Jetta SW 2011
    I'm sure it's RCD 510. The problem is in software, which is old. If anyone knows how to update please post here in the forum. Thank you.
  7. tconl

tconl New Member

Car:
    2012 mk6 golf r-line
    i am having that same problem i hope it can be fixed
  8. Anopheles

Anopheles New Member

Car:
    Jetta SW 2011
    Hello,
    Unfortunately this is because some RCD software are very old. I changed my RCD with the seller and everything was resolved. The software update is not possible.