Questions about 9w7 bluetooth module

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by Agro, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Agro

Agro New Member

Car:
    2004 Audi A4
    2010 Jetta TDI.

After following the howto info at:
    http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a6/9w7-VW-bluetooth-module.htm
    I was able to swap out my 9w3 (mono) bluetooth module to the latest 9w7 module bought from mfd3.com.
    I ordered the wires, they'll be here in 2 days so I can get stereo audio.

A2DP sounds great. Wondering though if it is possible to see Artist information on the radio screen or even on the center white MFD (I think its called). Car has the tough screen radio, with Sirius, just no NAV.

This is my girlfriends Jetta.
    My Audi I put a Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH and it has A2DP and using my iPhone to play music or Pandora on the iPhone (with no cable connected) the artist info appears (song & track). So I know a2dp can do it.
    login to remove this ad
  2. Agro

Agro New Member

Car:
    2004 Audi A4
    anyone have any thoughts on this? This is what she see's and I wish she would see stuff like I see on my Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH.

[​IMG]
  3. williamgd2

williamgd2 Member

Car:
    Jetta 2010
    Mods:
    oem backup camera. oem type wing.fuel heater.9w7 b
    You won't get that with 9w7

Unless its a feature I havn't found you won't get that but only with the bt streaming audio
  4. nlz242

nlz242 Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI Highline
    From my understanding, you need a "version 3" RCD-510 to have that feature... it may only be a software upgrade which could be done by the dealer? I know i have text over A2DP on mine (check this post i made : http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/71070-post64.html )
  5. williamgd2

williamgd2 Member

Car:
    Jetta 2010
    Mods:
    Wow I didn't know that.I hope I can get that working on my rns 510 Thank you nlz242
  6. nlz242

nlz242 Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI Highline
    RNS-510 is the nav. one (and the high end one, too!).
    From the picture you posted, your RCD-510 is probably a previous revision as you have a "MUTE" button where i have a phone button.
  7. Daniel L

Daniel L New Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI
    I noticed that the text over Bluetooth varies with the phone model used. I've only tested a galaxy nexus and an iPhone 4s though. The iPhone will send info over Bluetooth whereas the galaxy nexus only displays "Bluetooth audio".
  8. nlz242

nlz242 Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI Highline
    On my galaxy S3 (also an Android phone) I noticed that it was more dependant on the app I used to play music. Winamp, for example, didn't show titles, whereas poweramp does.
  9. Agro

Agro New Member

Car:
    2004 Audi A4
    Mgirlfriend has an iPhone 4s on AT&T and it just shows 'BT Audio'. Such a bummer. I did check with VW and based on her VIN they said zero items to update at service as she recently had some stickers and some other crap done.
  10. BarryT82

BarryT82 Member

Car:
    '11 JSW TDI, '12 F-150 FX4 SuperCrew EcoBoost
    In order to see the info on the screen and MFD you need the version AE RCD-510 and a newer 9W7 version E or F. The version D 9W7 may work also, but I've only had a few of those and never tried it. You'll also be able to change songs while streaming BT audio using the steering wheel controls and the touchscreen on the radio. I just sold my last 9W7 today, but I have a few of the RCD-510 version AE radios left.
  11. Agro

Agro New Member

Car:
    2004 Audi A4
    I just bought her the 9W7 module in June and it was said to be the absolute latest. I'll flip it over next time im in her car and check the version on it. How can I check the version of the RCD-510? Is there a way from a menu to determine that, or must I go through the effort again to remove it.
    I did call VW and they said there are no updates for the headunit. I wonder though if they just didnt know and perhaps there is a software update?
  12. BarryT82

BarryT82 Member

Car:
    '11 JSW TDI, '12 F-150 FX4 SuperCrew EcoBoost
    Version AE has a button that says phone where the mute button is on AC and AD. AD and AE have HD radio.
  13. Agro

Agro New Member

Car:
    2004 Audi A4
    Yes, I have seen the differences in the photos. I saw where some says 'PHONE' but my girlfriends says 'MUTE'. So she has AC or AD, not sure which one, but either way it is not what we want.

I wonder if I can sell her head-unit, perhaps to try to get close to making this switch not cost too much? I'll have to check around. Also, if you have an AE, send me a PM, let me know what your price is?
  14. williamgd2

williamgd2 Member

Car:
    Jetta 2010
    Mods:
    I have rns 510 ver E and 9w7 later version and I don't get streaming BT song info. Phone is a HTC 4g LTE sprint. I do have all the other functions excect that.
  15. nlz242

nlz242 Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI Highline
    Which software are you using, to play music, on the HTC phone?
    I had issues with WinAmp and the Default android player. I'm using PowerAmp now and it works pretty well... may want to try the trial version, just to see if that's your issue or not.
  16. williamgd2

williamgd2 Member

Car:
    Jetta 2010
    Mods:
    Thanks nlz242 I will give that a try. I have been using the google play that the phone came with.