Q7 vs T-reg

Discussion in 'Audi Q5, Q7, Touareg TDI, Porsche Cayenne forum' started by adr3, Mar 17, 2011.

1. adr3

adr3 New Member

Car:
    2012 Q7 TDI
    Can anyone that has driven both and towed with both compare these for me?

Mileage?

Towing Stability?

Size?

Overall Comfort?

I have an A4 and am not thrilled about the service. Is VW service any better? Dealer dependent I suppose?

Any other remarkble differences would be welcome.

Thanks
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I've sat in both and know some of the specs.

If you can get a used one with air suspension it's nice because it load levels. If you look through the threads you'll see pictures that people have posted of air suspension and non air suspension towing. Obviously, load makes a big difference.

The Q7 is a little heavier so it should be slightly more stable if towing very heavy loads. It also has the 3rd seat row.

Every dealer is different when it comes to service but from what I've heard, in general, German brand dealers have a lot more variability than Japanese dealers just because employee training is more standard in the other brands.
  3. Bobbyk

Bobbyk New Member

If you're not thrilled with the A4's service than why would the Q7 be any better unless you find another dealer? The Q7 and Touareg are pretty far apart in price. One is an Audi and the other is a VW albiet a very expensive VW. You could also go used for the price of the new Touareg but the Touareg is all new this year.
  4. DUTCH VanAtlanta

DUTCH VanAtlanta Member

Car:
    2000 Mercedes-Benz G500 NMLE
    The Q7 is about 12" longer in overall length and about 6" longer wheelbase. To a big guy like me, that extra space is nice; and my Q7 drives/rides better than any car I've owned.
  5. spearo

spearo New Member

Car:
    toyota landcruiser
    towing mileage t-reg

Just returned from a trip having towed my 6455lb box trailer mentioned in a previous post. On a 175 mile mostly fwy trip the computer stated a 14.3 mile/gal avg while my calcs @ the pump were 13.9 mile/gal.; The wheels are the larger 20" if that make's a difference in the rolling speed/mileage. Was very impressed with the stability & I can tell there was some torque to spare - much more than my previous v-8 landcruiser.
  6. adr3

adr3 New Member

Car:
    2012 Q7 TDI
    Thanks for the info. It looks like the Q7 is my next car. Correction.....my wife's next car that I can borrow to tow from time to time.
  7. Essay

Essay New Member

Car:
    VW Touareg V10 / 2009
  8. adr3

adr3 New Member

Car:
    2012 Q7 TDI
    Thanks everyone. Very helpful info.​