1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Please help, oil sump removal problem

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by penthro, Aug 3, 2012.

1. penthro

penthro New Member

Car:
    seat toledo 1.9tdi
    Hi Folks, hope some one can help.

I have a seat Toledo with a vw 1.9tdi engine, this is a x reg so late 90s i think.

I have cracked the sump pan and it is buggered, decided the best thing as i have a garage some tools and a pit is just to replace it myself, i live on a small island and no garage for a convenient distance.

I ahve removed all the small 10mm bolts, one larger bolt and three large ones that slide in horizontally, the trouble is the sump pan just wont come loose.

I am used to wokring on much older cars, where normally the sump pan comes off easially,

I cant figure out what i have missed, but really need to get this fixed.

If any one can offer any advice of any kind i would be extreamly greatfull, as currently very stuck indeed.

Cheers,

Clint.
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    If you're sure no bolts are on, gently knock it with a piece of wood and a hammer. It uses gasket maker so it'll be glued on a little bit.
  3. Seatman

Seatman Active Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping
    Did you get these hidden ones out?

[​IMG]

I used this, a 5mm ball ended allen key, did the trick

[​IMG]

If you have them out then yeh, hit it till it drops, it's not like it isn't busted already lol