Plain Screwed

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by BBVD, Jul 28, 2011.

1. BBVD

BBVD New Member

Car:
    2004 Passat TDI GLS
    I own a 2004 Passat TDI GLS and have found out that I am completely screwed... pretty much because I can't get the SKC code. My immobilizer transponder chip in the key broke and now I am SOL at the moment. I have two keys that can be programmed into the car AND I have the VAG COM software but without the SKC code I can't do anything to make the programming work.

I was wondering if there are any solutions for these problems:

Is there ANY way to get the SKC code from the dealer, or any other entity, in order to be able to use the VAG COM software to program my keys

Is there ANY way to bypass the immobilizer system temporarily so that I can drive the vehicle to the dealer for reprogramming? (the towing is close to $500)

Are there any other solutions/suggestions that might work? I am even thinking of trying all 10,000 combinations of the SKC code just to make this work.

Thanks.
    login to remove this ad
  2. YMZ

YMZ Super Moderator

Car:
    Jetta 2003, Golf 2001
    Latitude 44.407959, longitude -76.018369.
    There are a few master locksmiths out there who have the equipment and knowhow to retrieve the SKC and cut/program new keys. Phone around...

How far away from town are you that a tow will run $500 ??? You could rent a U-Haul trailer dolly and hire someone with a heavy-duty-enough towing setup for a lot less...

Do a search on Vag-Tacho - to see if any versions can access your model car...

Good luck !!

Yuri

PS: once you get this straightened out... are you aware of the balance-shaft-assembly design flaw in your vehicle? Read up on it in the 1000q section here...
  3. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    See the immobilizer FAQ and mk4 Key FAQ for some answers, to start, no the dealer can't give the skc to you because they never see it. I don't know how to temporarily bypass the immo. Someone told me that if they had an old working key and immediately used a new uncut key that it started once but I don't see why that would work and have not verified it. If it worked you probably wouldn't be asking your questions.

How did the chip break anyways? It's glued inside the key.