PD150 last chance saloon.

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by G3RRD, Apr 12, 2012.

1. G3RRD

G3RRD New Member

Car:
    Mk4 Golf GT TDI 2002
    Apologies for a first lengthy post and hope its in the correct section :eek:

To cut a long story short(ish)... My 2002 Golf PD150 on 64k miles, FSH.
    Under load the turbo blew itself to smithereens. Engine, without looking at the internals,
    was guessed to be knackered aswell because it wouldn't turn over and "sounded" like a hydraulics problem.

So I buy a replacement 65k engine from a EBay Trader for £850.
    Also buy a replacement 22k Turbo from a EBay private seller for £260.
    In typical fashion only after receiving the engine the seller informs me
    that one of the injectors was not working properly so I need to return his and replace with my own.
    The turbo turns out to be in mint condition.

Everything gets fitted by a friend of a friend who is a Skoda mechanic.
    After returning the car to him to fix the only problem, a power steering leak he was returning the car back to me when it loses all power and comes to a stop.
    Towed off the motorway and back to the Mechanics home. In all approximately 35 miles covered between engine fitting and engine failure.

Mechanic reports back he removed approximately 9 litres of fuel from the engine.
    The car is now running, smoking slightly, but he puts that down to oil still in exhaust system
    (Miltek decat and full Miltek non resonated exhaust). Car is still not right. Tandem pump seals changed. He thinks the replacement engine may never have been,
    as the seller thought, a faulty injector. He thinks maybe the head was/is damaged because it is still overfueling.

No point putting it on a diagnostics setup because no faults are showing!
    He has given up (from start to present day this has dragged on for over 12 months) and no longer wants the headache of the car outside his place
    and has suggested he EBays it as a running "project".

Does anyone recognise the problem or know of a person or garage (UK. North West) that would be able to get the car running correctly again?

I am proberbly past the point where throwing good money after bad is recommended, but the car is just too good to scrap!!

HELP!!
    login to remove this ad
  2. Seatman

Seatman Active Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping
    Hi man, I see you made it over :D

Hopefully you can get some better advice on where to look. As for garages I've no idea where you are in relation to these guys but they're good at their stuff.

http://www.volksmasterltd.co.uk/

welcometomyturbodies