passat, white smoke

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by kevindawn, Jul 28, 2012.

1. kevindawn

kevindawn New Member

Car:
    2005 passat tdi 2.0
    I have a 05 passat 2.0 BHW. early this spring i had 2 runaway injectors burn up the middle pistons. It was belching white smoke BAD, I thought blown head gasket, white smoke I thought equalled coolant being burnt. pulled the head and seen the 2 middle pistons burnt. So I had engine rebuilt, new injectors, new head, everything was factory VW parts. Installed engine, it started a little hard, almost like it was flooded, once started, I heard some diesel knock at idle, but went right away at 1500-1800 rpm, engine ran about 3 minutes, belching white smoke just like early spring, started to lose a little rpm, so I shut it down. pulled dipstick, only to see crankcase was full of fuel. so I instantly drain the oilpan. Any ideas why my injectors would be over fueling the engine. I'm thinking it white smoked in the spring before rebuild, and did it again after rebuild w/new injectors, maybe my injector wireloom is bad?? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kevin Pell
    login to remove this ad
  2. kevindawn

kevindawn New Member

Car:
    2005 passat tdi 2.0
    Scanned it today. It's giving codes, p0113, p0135, p0238, p0236. HELP ME!!!
  3. Cogen Man

Cogen Man Member

Car:
    Golf TDI/2011
    Mods:
    Window tint, window vent visors, ScanGauge II.
    http://www.bentleypublishers.com/tech/vw/vw.dtc.table.htm

See if the above link helps. The 4 codes are related to O2 sensors and turbo boost and intake air temp.
    Po113=Intake air Temp. Circ high input
    Po135=O2 Sensor heater circ. bank 1 sensor 1 malfunction
    Po236=Turbocharger boost sensor A circ. range/performance.
    Po238=Turbocharger boost sensor A circ. high input.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
  4. kevindawn

kevindawn New Member

Car:
    2005 passat tdi 2.0
    Yesterday me and my brother went out to work on the passat. With the valve cover off, everytime I cycle the key on and off, making the in tank fuel pump run, We get fuel pooling in the head, and running straight thru the engine, out the oil drain plug on oil pan!!! This is only happening on injectors 1&2, 3&4 stay nice and dry, and appear not to be leaking at all. And where the fuel is pooling in the head, doesnt look like it could come from the injectors. We can observe injectors 1&2, while cycleing the key a few times, and not see any fuel coming up out the top of injector. The fuel will magically appear out from under the lifters and pool in the left side of the head!!! This is a brand new head from Odessa Cylinder head. Only thing we could come up with is the fuel has to be leaking out of the internal fuel rail, thru either a crack, or a porous hole some where. My next step is to buy all new injector seals, I dont know what else to try next. please help me out!!!
  5. giannis

giannis New Member

Car:
    VW passat 2001 tdi 131 avf
    i have the same problem i wil gou tio mechanic..
  6. kevindawn

kevindawn New Member

Car:
    2005 passat tdi 2.0
    Came to conclusion that the fuel rail has to be leaking out under the lifters. Called clearwater cylinder head, and Keith agreed that has to be where the fuel is coming from. He sent me another new head, and its doing the same damn thing!!! There is NO fuel leaking up around the injectors, only way it can get there has to be out the fuel rail again. Whats the chances of getting 2 brand new heads that have a leaking fuel rail!!!! I'm stumped!!! I still have my original head, I'm going to put it back on just to see if it leaks like the new ones, bet it dont!!! I'm about to just blow this car to bits!!!! biggest piece of crap ever built!!!! Any body looking for a 2005 passat w/brand new engine!!! Cheap!!! I'm sick of it!!!!
  7. 69mach1377

69mach1377 Member

Car:
    2005 Passat 2.0 TDI/PD
    Could be a bad batch of heads. The manufacturer should test them before shipping...