Passat variant 2004 BGW engine Particle filter refill addictive

Discussion in 'Diesel Cars and SUV' started by ruipereira10, Oct 2, 2010.

1. ruipereira10

ruipereira10 New Member

Car:
    Vw Passat tdi
    Were tu buy out from vw?
    what the procedure to refill?

Thanks,

Rui
    login to remove this ad
  2. Bobbyk

Bobbyk New Member

Are you talking about Adblue? The dealer or a truck stop. The US didn't get a Passat that uses Adblue
  3. ruipereira10

ruipereira10 New Member

Car:
    Vw Passat tdi
    BGW d'ont use adblue ...

the bgw engine d'ont use adblue but some "urea" additive in a tank underneath the spare wheel that take 4 liters and last around 120Tkm, and thats all i know about
    Rui.
  4. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    That urea additive is called Adblue. You can get it at any dealer. Europe should have many Adblue or diesel exhaust fluid at gas stops.
  5. jyrkma

jyrkma New Member

Car:
    vv passat 3B6 2.0 tdi
    Hi, this is my first post, but..

I live in europe, but local vw dealer can sold you the needed additive: "Satacen 25". Fluid reservoir has 4.0 liter capasity and it is located inside of spare wheel case. The container is pressurised and can be accessed via two pipes(from where the spare wheel is located). From local vw dealer it is possible to byu kit which helps to change the fluid...

But I recommend to let the change job to the local dealer. The old additive is first taken out and then reservoir is filled with new one. The additive reachts with air and makes some crystals which can cause some problems.. so its changed regular times.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2010