Number one injector cap

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by crashmanS, Jan 6, 2017.

1. crashmanS

crashmanS New Member

Car:
    2003 VW Beetle
    I need the cap to replace the return line cap on my alh number one injector. I can order one but can't get it soon. The dealer is 100 miles away. Will a regular vacuum cap work with diesel fuel or something else until I can get the proper replacement? Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

nyaram likes this.
  2. crsmp5

crsmp5 Well-Known Member

Car:
    85 kubvan
    i doubt it... get a piece of hose and plug the end up.. benz used injector return line with a steel plug in the end.. but a small ball bearing smooth screw the threads removed on will work...

i use rc nitro fuel line, like airplanes/cars/trucks use as well the kind i use does not seen to ever wear out/leak like the factory stuff does... over 5 years on my first "used" set ive tried.. came on the motor.. so tried it vs throwing away.. all my diesels now have it.. in pretty colors at that :p

Oldaccord likes this.
  3. crashmanS

crashmanS New Member

Car:
    2003 VW Beetle
    I had some of the return line that goes between the injectors left over from when I replaced them. I used a short piece and an old drill bit to stop it up. Not pretty but it will do till I can get to the dealer.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

4. crsmp5

crsmp5 Well-Known Member

Car:
    85 kubvan
    build a steal plug like benz does.. why worry bout a silly cap? after all.. im talking 70/pre 86 benz diesels here, those were used as the worlds taxi..

the steel plug had a shape like the injector nipple does... but solid vs hollow... not hard to make with a dremal and a screw..