Nissan leaf test drive

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by darren, May 18, 2010.

1. darren

darren New Member

There's a video too, from http://www.insideline.com/nissan/leaf/2011/2011-nissan-leaf-first-drive.html

The highlights below:

login to remove this ad
  2. 6eggs

6eggs New Member

Car:
    none
    Mods:
    Wyo
    Lifetime brakes? If the brakes are barely used is that good for the caliper seals and fluid?

This thing sounds great if it wasn't for the range limit. And what if you live in an apartment? I used to plug my space heater into the hallway outlet, that would be nice for charging your car too :)
  3. Superbass

Superbass New Member

I think we are headed towards electric vehicles. It's the cleanest and most efficient. The one thing people haven't said about hydrogen cars is that it assumes that producing and shipping hydrogen is easy which it's not. The same goes for ethanol. This car is the sign of things to come. I wouldn't buy it but once they figure out how to have long ranges or fast fill ups, electric cars will be a no brainer. Sure you'll still have gasoline or diesels but once it's economical to switch over even trucks or cargo ships may switch. Maybe cargo ships will even have a mini-nuke power plant like subs.