Newly registered looking for help

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by MARS1, Mar 8, 2011.

1. MARS1

MARS1 New Member

Car:
    Subaru
    Hello myturbodiesel.com!

I am working for a company that specializes in bypasses for integration of remote starter in a vehicle without compromising the security features.

We are presently working on a project involving bypassing the immobiliser in Volkswagen/Audi without leaving a chip or key in vehicle but rather trough data during the remote start sequence.

I presently have a Jetta 2006 and i've heard that there is a possibility to deactivate the immobiliser function in that vehicle. Using the VAgdash, there is a fonction called IMO OFF, but it does not seem to work....?!

If anyone is well learned in this field and willing to help me out, I would be more then grateful!!!

I am able to read and reflash the EEProm, so if anyone knows what the address might be and the bytes to modify I would be able to do so....

Any results will help ALL owners of Volkwagen looking for a safe solution when installing a remote starter.

thanks guys!
    MARS1
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2011
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    You do have to modify the EEProm but I don't know how. A chip tuner could tell you but most of these guys don't want to share their trade secrets. That would be nice if VAgdash could do it with the press of a button. There may be other tools out there which can flash it. If you do find out and want to share, please post a follow up.

It looks like you already have a decent product line, are there no chip tuners at your company who could do this? What about this product: http://store.idatalink.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=70 It looks like it already works for the 2006 Jetta.
  3. MARS1

MARS1 New Member

Car:
    Subaru
    This is mostly for convenience features(doorlocks, statuses...) but it does not bypass the transponder...

The actual chip cracking is a VERY arduous task and it requires a lot of time and testing...and it is mostly impossible to bypass in data since the communication that needs to be isolated is located within the cluster....one of the approach would be to cancel the imobilizer during the runtime and re-enable it after shutdown. All the security features would remain.

I only need the adresses in the Eeprom to locate the immobiliser. I'll manage the rest...

as soon as a solution is available, this forum will know for sure....

thx!