1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Newbie!

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by learjet-tech, Jul 4, 2012.

1. learjet-tech

learjet-tech New Member

Car:
    2002 jetta tdi
    Great forum! Have a 2002 Jetta sedan just purchased last month. Previously owned a 1982 Jetta A1 diesel back in the mid 90's. I am a jet engine tech by trade, guess thats why I like diesels. (Kerosene is better than gasoline!) Had a few minor issues like slow to non-working wipers (locked-up transmission shaft) but have managed to get most everything repaired so far. Looking forward to doing some performance enhancements like larger injectors and new exhaust just to give it a little more acceleration. Thanks for all the great info!
    login to remove this ad
  2. Iasmin90

Iasmin90 New Member

Car:
    golf mk5
    I'm also new,on this forum!i like it,it has got a lot of helpfull stuff for vw and audi!it is a real goldmine!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2012
  3. YMZ

YMZ Super Moderator

Car:
    Jetta 2003, Golf 2001
    Latitude 44.407959, longitude -76.018369.
    welcometomyturbodies Welcome to you both!!

Injectors, sure... (followed by a "tune"... shortly followed by a new clutch :) ) However, you won't get any performance increase from fooling around with the exhaust - at least you won't get any before doing a whole lot of other performance upgrades first... (intercooler, turbo, possibly a thicker head gasket if you really go crazy on the turbo and injectors...)

Have fun!

Yuri