Newbie!

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by learjet-tech, Jul 4, 2012.

1. learjet-tech

learjet-tech New Member

Car:
    2002 jetta tdi
    Great forum! Have a 2002 Jetta sedan just purchased last month. Previously owned a 1982 Jetta A1 diesel back in the mid 90's. I am a jet engine tech by trade, guess thats why I like diesels. (Kerosene is better than gasoline!) Had a few minor issues like slow to non-working wipers (locked-up transmission shaft) but have managed to get most everything repaired so far. Looking forward to doing some performance enhancements like larger injectors and new exhaust just to give it a little more acceleration. Thanks for all the great info!
    login to remove this ad
  2. Iasmin90

Iasmin90 New Member

Car:
    golf mk5
    I'm also new,on this forum!i like it,it has got a lot of helpfull stuff for vw and audi!it is a real goldmine!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2012
  3. YMZ

YMZ Super Moderator

Car:
    Jetta 2003, Golf 2001
    Latitude 44.407959, longitude -76.018369.
    welcometomyturbodies Welcome to you both!!

Injectors, sure... (followed by a "tune"... shortly followed by a new clutch :) ) However, you won't get any performance increase from fooling around with the exhaust - at least you won't get any before doing a whole lot of other performance upgrades first... (intercooler, turbo, possibly a thicker head gasket if you really go crazy on the turbo and injectors...)

Have fun!

Yuri