1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Newb to the Site: Making plans for a TB change!

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by WillisQ, Jan 14, 2012.

1. WillisQ

WillisQ New Member

Car:
    2004 VW Golf TDI (BEW)
    Greetings,
    Got pointed here after lurking around TDIClub, Deiselgeek, etc. About to attempt my first TB change on my Canadian bought 2004 BEW PD Golf. She's at 130k kms and likely way overdue! I've been doing most of my own (easy) maint (brakes, oil changes, etc) and now am ready for the big leagues. About to purchase the appropriate kit from Deiselgeek and gonna step-up and get a VCDS kit too.

I am really impressed with the detail you chaps have laid out here and can't wait to start!

WillisQ
    login to remove this ad
  2. Turbo Lag

Turbo Lag Member

Car:
    05 Passat wagon TDI
    Good Luck with the TB change.

Once you trash your engine let me know how much your going to sell it for.
    LOL J/K you'll do fine!
  3. Fingers

Fingers Member

Car:
    2004 Jetta TDI
    Well, 100,000 miles is 160,000 kms but you're right to change it based on length of time. I bought one with 125,000 on the odometer and did the same thing you're doing. It looked to me like the cabin filter had never been changed nor the air filter. To be sure you know what you have, make sure you swap out all the filters and fluids. People will tell you what they think you want to hear in order to sell you the car.