New User

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by puddin, Jun 5, 2012.

1. puddin

puddin New Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI Cup Edition 2010
    I'm a TDI addict. It all started with my first full time job, and a blue cup edition with only 250 miles on it :). My wife loves the car, but hates to drive a manual. So when we came across a used 2006 automatic Jetta that appeared to be very well taken care of, we bought it.

Now that my carefree maintenance is up on my 2010, and after adding another TDI to the family, I'm extremely interested in learning and performing whatever maintenance is practical for me to do without a fully functional garage (small garage at an apartment complex for the time being).

GARAGE
    1. 2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition - 30k miles (Bought new from the dealer)
    2. 2006 Jetta TDI - 170k miles (TB changed 50k miles ago; most maintenance well documented). The car drives like a champ; other than some minor scratches on the exterior and the 170k miles you wouldn't know that this was a used car. Any recommendations other than the ones that are in the FAQs would be welcomed.
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    welcometomyturbodies

many 2006 Jetta have cam wear by that point. You're lucky if you don't but some are!
  3. puddin

puddin New Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI Cup Edition 2010
    New Cam and DMFW installed by the shop I bought it from. Thanks for the heads up though.