VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

New to the Forum

635 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  YMZ 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of searching for and buying a TDI... I am interested in 2004-05 Passats primarily but am keeping my options open for possibly a Jetta Wagon. I have owned two diesel Rabbits .. mid 70's vintage... one for over 10 years and am going back to diesel for the same reasons I bought the Rabbits - fuel economy and longevity. I am pretty handy with cars and my son is as close to being a mechanic as you can get without the papers. This looks like a terrific forum and if all goes according to plan I hope to be able to contribute as much as I learn. Thank you to all who have contributed to making this very valuable resource!

Joseph

#2 ·
welcometomyturbodies Welcome to the site!

Sorry to repeat myself (it appears that over the past little while we've had an awful lot of newbies concerned with 2004/5 Passats...), but... that model has a design flaw that must be addressed... not an inexpensive bit of maintenance... Please read the B5 section, paying particular attention to the Balance Shaft issue... http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/b5/2004-2005-vw-passat-TDI-FAQ-DIY.htm

All the best,

Yuri

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.