New to TDI/Passat/VW

Discussion in '2012-2015 VW Passat TDI forum' started by statistics, Oct 1, 2011.

1. statistics

statistics New Member

Car:
    2012 Passat
    Hello All,

Im new to the VW brand and to the Passat. Was in the market for a new ride with above average fuel economy. Came down to the Hybrid Sonata and the 2012 Passat. After doing some dd/ decided on the Passat TDI/SEL. I put a deposit down on it last week, wait time 30-35 days i was told. It was interesting researching both cars as the H Sonata is having a slew of mechanical issues out of the box from what I read, & then i read something about HPFP failures with the TDI engine on another forum. No car line is immune to issues however I believe I made the right choice.

The dealership Im working with has offers lifetime oil changes and a lifetime warranty with purchase. The only VW dealership in the area to offer that.

Im looking forward to seeing what after market accessories will be offered for the passat
    login to remove this ad
  2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

Thats a very unusual offer?
  3. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Lifetime warranty? OMG, what does it cover? Do you have to have all service done at their shop or what?

Make sure they use only VW's 507.00 engine oil spec. Many dealers don't do this and the dealership will void their own warranty!
  4. statistics

statistics New Member

Car:
    2012 Passat
    Thank for the welcome guys, here are the details of the extra coverage: This made purchasing at their dealership worth it & a peace of mind since I plan on keeping the Passat for a long time

All eligible New and Pre-owned cars come with a

LIFETIME POWERTRAIN WARRANTY

How much will it cost?
    Zero. We’re trying to build “Customers for Life†so the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty comes standard with every qualifying vehicle meeting the criteria above and is included at no extra charge.

Is there any extra maintenance required to maintain the warranty?
    No extra maintenance is required. You must simply follow the manufacturer’s Recommended Maintenance as referred to in the owner’s manual.

Do I have to have all of my service completed at your dealership?
    No. Our Award Winning Service Department will certainly exceed your expectations but you are not required to come here. To maintain the Warranty, you must perform the Manufacturer’s Recommended maintenance and keep your records. It’s that easy!

Where am I covered by the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty?
    The Lifetime Powertrain Warranty is good at any licensed repair shop in the United States or Canada.

Is the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty transferable if I sell the vehicle?
    No. The Lifetime Powertrain Warranty stays with the owner as long as they own the vehicle.

What’s the catch?
    There are no catches, hidden fees, or gimmicks. Our dealership provides this product as an added value to our Customers for doing business with us. The only “catch� You have to buy your vehicle here!

DETAILS OF COVERAGE

LIMITED POWERTRAIN WARRANTY – The Covered Parts listed below are the only items covered under this Limited Warranty. If it is not listed, it is not covered.

Assembly Parts Covered

1. ENGINE

- Engine block and all internal lubricated parts including: crankshaft, rod and main bearings, cam bearings, expansion (freeze) plugs, connecting rods, engine mounts, torque strut, wrist pins, pistons, piston rings, camshaft, cam tower, lifters, cylinder head, valves, guides andseats, valve springs, rocker arms (cam followers), pushrods, timing chain housing (cover), timing chain and sprockets, timing belt and pulleys,timing belt tensioner, intake and exhaust manifolds, eccentric shaft, flywheel/flex plate, balance shafts, harmonic balancer and retainer bolt,crankshaft pulley, valve covers, oil pan, oil pump and pressure relief valve, engine oil cooler hoses, oil filter adapter/housing, fuel supply pump,vacuum pump, dipstick and tube, fasteners and seals and gaskets for the components listed above.Turbocharged/Supercharged/Enhanced Engines All of the above listed parts or equivalent plus: turbo-charger, waste gate controller, intercooler, hard lines, compressor, clutch and pulley, bypass valve, injection pump, lines and nozzles.

2. TRANSMISSION AUTOMATIC Case and all internal lubricated parts including: oil pump, valve body, torque converter, vacuum modulator, governor, main shaft, clutches, bands, drums, gear sets, bearings, bushings, sealing rings, TV cable, solenoids and electronic shift control unit (internal only),ransmission mounts, cooler, cooler hoses and hard lines, dipstick and tube, fasteners and seals and gaskets for the components listed above.

Standard Case and all internal lubricated parts including: main shaft, gear sets, shift forks, synchronizers, bearings, bushings and fasteners for the components listed above.

Transfer Case (4X4 vehicles) - Case and all internal lubricated parts including: main shaft, gear sets, chain and sprockets, bearings, bushings, mounts, fasteners for the components listed above, electronic and vacuum engagement components.

3. FRONT WHEEL DRIVE Final drive housing, and all internal parts including: carrier case, gear sets, chain and sprockets, bearings, bushings, axle shafts, axle hub bearings, propeller shafts, universal joints, drive shaft support, front axle hub bearings, fasteners, seals and gaskets for the components listed above.

4. REAR WHEEL DRIVE Drive axle housing, and all internal lubricated parts including: carrier case, gear sets, bearings, bushings, limited slip clutch pack, axle shafts, axle hub bearings, propeller shafts, universal joints, drive shaft support, front axle hub bearings, fasteners, seals and gaskets for thecomponents listed above.