New to forum

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by engineerchad, Dec 26, 2017.

1. engineerchad

engineerchad New Member

Car:
    MK4 Jetta TDI
    Hi, I'm on my 2nd MK4 Jetta TDI. The first had the BEW PD now I'm with an ALH code and the 5 speed I actually wanted.

I'm looking forward to learning more about diesels. In the past, I've rebuilt turbo rotary motors, then I got into transmissions, now diesel engines and normal gas engines so I can't wait!

I got a Ross Tech cable gifted with the first car by the seller, a second one on the way when I got the 2nd car (that I'll need to get gone) and it'll be nice to get ideas and share the experience with other like minded people.

I'm picking up on this whole concept quickly but my father posed a question to me (life long gear head and damn good gas engine mechanic) to explain why he doesn't "do" diesels that's still got my mind turning (I'll figure it out soon enough): "the whole injection system is mechanical, so how do you shut it off?"

I'm mostly here to learn, I'm planning to do a good, strong street build in time.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB