New to Forum, having a problem with an immobilizer in a 2001 New Beetle TDI

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by fcctech, Mar 13, 2012.

1. fcctech

fcctech New Member

Car:
    01 Beetle
    Hi, my name is Robert and I am having a problem with an immobilizer in a 2001 New Beetle TDI,
    The engine starts and then dies, and the immobilizer light flashes. I have tried unhooking the battery cables and shorting them together. it still won't start. I ordered a VCDS today. I tried to pull codes with a Snap on Solus scanner but I am not getting communication.
    Any tips are appreciated.

Robert
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    check out the immobilizer FAQ here, if none of the steps work you have to scan it to figure out what the prob is, monitor key status and see where problem is.welcometomyturbodies
  3. fcctech

fcctech New Member

Car:
    01 Beetle
    Still no Communication

I received my VCDS on Friday, and I am still having communication problems, it will not communicate with the engine controller or the immobilizer. I do have communication with some of the other controllers like the one for the radio and the side mirrors. I am wondering how many components are on the data bus? I tried unplugging the instrument cluster, but I still do not have communication with any more controllers.
    Any Idea's?
  4. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Strange, even if the cluster was dead you should still be able to talk to the engine. Ask VCDS what they think about this. Could be a wiring problem.