1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

New TDI owner incoming!

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by LOUDERMAN, May 15, 2012.

1. LOUDERMAN

LOUDERMAN New Member

Car:
    2010 VW Golf TDI
    Hey everybody, just picked up my 2010 VW Golf TDI this morning. Managed to find it used with just under 17k miles on it. Has a 6 speed gearbox(manual), sunroof, touch screen radio, and that's pretty much it.

Going to have to adjust to driving a German/diesel car. The ride quality and lack of body roll is quite good compared to my previous car (09 Dodge Caliber), but it is a tad smaller, and only a two door. I've (embarrassingly) managed to stall the bloody thing three times now... I'm used to driving small gas powered 4 cylinder cars, where a quick snap of the throttle is enough to get the rpms high enough to start rolling. Not quite used to the clutch/diesel engine throttle just quite yet.

Already loving the fuel economy. Driven almost 75 miles and the fuel needle has hardly moved! Planning to add a hitch and roof rack over the next few months, so ill surely be digging through old threads and such.

Attached Files:

login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    welcometomyturbodies

Sorry to your old car but the build quality on these things is quite high on the Golf too.