1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

New member, Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic meets 507.00?

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI' started by The Pirate, Dec 3, 2011.

1. The Pirate

The Pirate Member

Car:
    2010 Jetta TDI, Candy White, Biege Int.
    Mods:
    No Mods, stock
    Hello everyone, happy to be here. I have a 2010 TDI sedan coming up on 50K miles on it. Great car, no problems at all. New diesel convert. Looking to start changing my own oil now, as I used to do with my old Toyota and I'm aware of need to have 507.00 spec oil.
    Question does the Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic met that spec. Shell website is not clear. Seems like it should. Bottle talks about is being OK for cars , trucks with particulate filters. Dont want to have to spend a fortune if I dont have to. Any suggestings for best price, availabliity?

Thanks,
    login to remove this ad
  2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

50k already I bet its never cold?

VW oil spec Its not new but it does show 507 oil and who makes equivalent oils.
  3. skinnyb

skinnyb Member

Car:
    2012 Passat SE TDI DSG
    Mods:
    35% tint so far
    Short answer is no. There is no Shell Rotella that meets the 507.00 spec IIRC. I would go to idparts.com, they have several options for 507.00 spec oil (Pentosin, Liquimoly, quartz ineo and the Castrol that the dealer uses) at reasonable prices.