New Member,recommended timing belt replacement 2010 TDI Sportwagen with 100k miles

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by zinbhad, Jul 31, 2012.

1. zinbhad

zinbhad New Member

Car:
    2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
    Hello Everyone,
    I am new to the site and have a question. I would like to get an opinion on recommended timing belt replacement. I have a 2010 TDI Sportwagen with 100k miles that is running great. The local dealer told me that I should replace the timing belt at around 80k but the owners manual says 120k. The car has mainly highway miles on it. I was thinking about changing it at 100k but would rather wait, if possible. Based on your experience, what would you suggest? Thanks for a great and informative site.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    If it were my car, I'd change it when convenient soon. I wouldn't go over 120k miles for sure, probably around 110 miles. You're not saving much by going a little bit early and the cars don't have a long history of when these belts fail so there is not much experience. See the FAQ if you want to DIY.
  3. zinbhad

zinbhad New Member

Car:
    2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
    Thanks for your reply. I was kind of leaning towards 110k miles. Also, thanks for the info about the FAQ...I will be doing it myself.
  4. xeno555

xeno555 Member

Car:
    2012 TDI Tech Package 6mt
    Mods:
    Malone Stage II. Rawtek 3" from Turbo to Tail. Slammed on Koni. TSW Nurmburg Rims. Whiteline Tierod Ends, Adj Sway Bars. Panzer Plate.
    I would do it at 100,000 intervals. Easier to remember when it needs changing.
  5. freeflyer

freeflyer Member

Car:
    Golf Wagon TDI 2010
    The Canadian Manual states 180k km i.e roughly 111k miles...